Best VPN For Amazon Firestick 2021
Using the best VPN for FireStick allows you to access the most popular streaming platforms like Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix US, and more. The best VPN FireStick weve listed here are the best for a reason, but we will get into that soon. For Starters, lets look at the best 5 VPN for Amazon FireStick.
- ExpressVPN:;Its the fastest featured on our list and features an extensive list of servers.
- NordVPN:;User-friendly interface and a large number of dedicated servers
- CyberGhost:;affordable plans and dedicated servers for flawless streaming
- IPVanish:;Kill switch, good user interface, and fast speeds
- IvacyVPN:;Unblocks BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Amazon Prime TV, Netflix and compatible with all major platforms
Each VPN for FireStick should be able to easily , which allows users to access content or games that would otherwise be blocked in their countries of residence, such as BBC iPlayer or HBO Max. Its for the same reason that the number of servers that a VPN has is important. Having unlimited access to a wide range of servers allows you to visit different streaming websites with ultra-fast speeds because the network is not oversaturated with VPN users. Privacy is another essential thing you should consider. Reliable VPN providers such as NordVPN have a strict no-data logging policy. Your data, such as personal info or session logs, stay private.
What Are The Benefits Of VPN Services
VPN services offer a plethora of benefits for the users. Some of these are:
- Whether it is Firestick or Kodi VPN services offer copyright infringement and free access to the users. It not only offers free access to various online streaming services but also offers various free streaming links as well that one can access the different parts of the world.
- VPN services are the easiest way to hide your identity from government surveillance. You can get easy access to a plethora of websites without leaking out your name, address, email address and other necessary personal information.
- If you are living in countries like China, Iran and Saudi Arabia where social media websites like Facebook, Youtube, Google, Twitter are totally banned, but you can bypass censorship by using a secure VPN service.
- You can protect your data as well as identity on the internet just by making use of a VPN. It creates a mask on the users ID and hence makes it quite easy and secure to access content from any website and any country of the world.
- You can make use of VPN services for blocking the websites that you dont want to get access to.
What Is An Amazon Fire TV Stick
We’re guessing that if you’ve found your way to this page, then you probably already have a decent idea. But let us help if not.
Introduced way back in 2014, the Fire TV Stick is Amazons rival to Chromecast and Roku. The device plugs into an HDMI port and allows any TV to stream content over a Wi-Fi network – basically turning the device into a very well-featured smart TV. They’re super portable and ridiculously easy to use – just like the best Amazon Fire TV Stick VPNs on this list.
Also Check: How To Change Your Ip Without VPN
Can My Cable Provider Block A Firestick
Yes, internet providers can block internet access to a Firestick, but in most cases they would have no reason to do so.
It’s much more likely that a cable provider would block access to specific websites or streaming sources rather than blocking all access to a device in your home. If you’re using Kodi on a Fire TV to stream pirated video, for example, then your ISP would block the source of the video rather than your Fire TV’s internet access.
How To Install A VPN From An Android Apk
While installing from the Apps section is certainly the easiest method, not everyone subscribes to one of those listed VPN services. That’s where Android APKs come in handy. Like Amazon Fire Tablets, the Fire Stick runs a version of Android, so some Android APKs should work just fine on the Fire Stick. However, that does not mean that all Android APKs work well on a Fire TV Stick. You need to do a bit of testing on your own to confirm that the VPN installs correctly and actually hides your traffic. Read our guide on how to check if your VPN is leaking.
Finding and downloading the correct APKs can be a bit of a pain too. Some VPN services, such as Private Internet Access, place their Android APK right on their download pages, which is the best-case scenario. You need to dive into a few settings before downloading the app itself, but we lay out those steps belowâspecifically for installing Private Internet Access. If you plan to use a different VPN, substitute the URL in the fifth step, below, with the web address that hosts your VPN’s Android APK download link.
Read Also: Can You Get VPN On Apple TV
How Can I Hide My VPN From My Computer For Free
6 Ways to Hide Your IP Address
- Get a VPN Software. Probably the best and most convenient way for changing your IP is to choose a good VPN service.
- Use a Proxy Slower than VPN.
- Use TOR FREE.
- Use Mobile Network Slow and not encrypted.
- Connect to Public Wi-Fi Not Secure.
The Best VPN For Firestick And Fire TV
If youre going to stream a lot of content using your Amazon Fire Stick then youre going to need a good VPN. By good VPN we mean a fast, reliable VPN service that works in any country. A slow VPN is obviously not the only thing that can make or break your streaming experience.
Besides, all the best streaming platforms like Amazon Prime Video and Netflix regularly use geo-blocks in order to stop people in certain regions from watching their content. For example, even if youre from the U.S. but are in another country, you cant use your Netflix or Prime Video subscription to watch your favorite show because of geo-restrictions.
To get around such problems you need a VPN service that has servers all over the world.
The term VPN stands for virtual private network. We have an article that goes in depth about what a VPN is, but in short: VPNs bypass geo-blocks by assigning the user a completely new IP address and routing the users connection through their VPN servers which are usually spread all over the world.
Such an arrangement ensures that the user can not only watch all the content they want but also do so anonymously.
Weve compiled a list of the 5 best VPN services that you can use to help you find the right VPN for you, but weve also taken the time to go more in depth with the best VPNs for these purposes in the list below.
Don’t Miss: Can I Use VPN On My Smart TV
If You Want To Secure Your Fire Stick’s Data And Traffic
Staying safe abroad doesn’t just mean keeping your wallet in a zipped pocket – your digital identity is at risk of virtual pickpocketing too. From watching shows on your Fire Stick to browsing the web and playing games, it can all be tracked if you’re using a local unsecured Wi-Fi network.
This also means you’re open to hacking, snooping, advertising and, of course, government tracking. A VPN will keep you hidden and secure. It will also help to avoid throttling of your speeds, meaning it could be useful if you want to enjoy HD content on the big screen.
So Which VPN Should You Use On A Fire TV Stick
Weve spent quite some time testing VPNs on Fire OS. And more importantly, weve been monitoring their performance for a long time now.
With that said, these are the best VPNs for Fire TV Stick in 2020:
- ExpressVPN: This is the best all-around VPN right now, which also seems perfect for Fire TV Stick owners. It protects your privacy by using high-end protocols, offers around 3,000 servers, and provides fantastic performance. And of course, unblocking Fire OS apps is an easy task for this VPN. Learn more via our ExpressVPN review.
- CyberGhost VPN: We often like to recommend CyberGhost for streaming-related purposes. The biggest selling point of this VPN is its ability to unblock all of the popular streaming apps and a whole series of regional platforms. Take a more in-depth look by reading our CyberGhost VPN.
- Ivacy VPN: If you need something intuitive, Ivacy VPN is a solution. You can pick a server based on your planned activity, including streaming, securing your connection, or downloading files. To see how this VPN works, heres our Ivacy VPN review.
Also Check: Does Mcafee Livesafe Have VPN
The Best Free VPN For Firestick Windscribe
- Dedicated FireStick app
- 10 GB free data/ month
- Servers in 10 locations on the free version
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Works with Netflix, BBC iPlayer, YouTube, HBO
- Compatible with iOS, macOS, Android, Windows, browsers, Linux, and more
Windscribe is the best free VPN for FireStick. It;imposes a 10GB/month bandwidth limit, which amounts to about 20-25 hours of streaming on your Fire TV in standard quality.
It offers speeds fast enough to support 4K streaming, but you will run out of data very quickly if you stream at 4K. It offers servers in 10 locations including the US, UK, Canada, Hong Kong, France, Netherlands, Germany, Norway, Switzerland, and Romania.
Unfortunately, the free version of Windscribe cant unblock Netflix, but we could access BBC iPlayer and Amazon Prime Video while connected to the US and UK servers on Windscribe free. Windscribe does offer a Netflix-optimized server for its premium users only called Windflix.
If we talk about security, Windscribe is fairly powerful as the provider has a reassuring logging policy as it does not log user data and uses strong AES-256 encryption to guarantee online security. It also offers a kill switch feature on its apps.
Unfortunately, it does not offer a 24/7 live chat feature, but you can create a support ticket, and the customer support team will contact you via email within 24 hours.
For more information on this VPN along with its pricing plans, view our detailed Windscribe review.
Why Firestick & Kodi Streamers Need VPN
If you are using Firestick & Kodi to stream online content then you should definitely check our article about Why you need VPN for Firestick & Kodi in 2020.
Love to stream online content? Are you worried about the security threats that we often face during accessing various websites? If you are going to say YES to these questions, we will recommend here the Best VPN for Fire TV. Firestick and Kodi have emerged as one of the major online streaming sources these days. It is really a great idea to watch out your favorite movies and TV shows without getting reliable to cable connections. Technology has made it extremely easy to watch out various programs as per your convenience and budget.
Being a technology lover, you might have been hearing about the term VPN, but do you exactly know what is it and why to use it? If not, stay tuned with this guide to get the ball in your favor.
Recommended Reading: How To Create Your Own VPN
Best Free VPN For Firestick In 2021
Below we have the four best free VPNs you can use with your Amazon Fire Stick, allowing access to streaming sites and keeping your information secure.
Amazon Fire Sticks are a fantastic option to use if you do not want to invest in a Free View or Sky box. They are a useful alternative that allows access to many TV shows and streaming services.
Firesticks are a great investment as they involve a one off payment, and you do not need to pay monthly for the streaming services. You just need to pay for Amazon Prime if you want all the paid services, and to use the Fire Stick to its fullest.
When it comes to using a Fire Stick, if you want to use it for different streaming services, or to access the internet, you will want to ensure that it is protected. The best way to protect your Fire Stick is to use a VPN. While there are many paid for VPN you can purchase, there are a number of fantastic free options too.
In this article, we will be talking you through the 4 best free VPN services you can add to your Amazon Fire Stick.
PC Guide is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We have the experience and the know-how to help you select the perfect product for you. Our industry veterans know what they are talking about and how to cut through the jargon to make your job choosing the right machine as easy as possible. Read more
How To Jailbreak A Fire Stick Step
As explained above, jailbreaking an Amazon Firestick actually means setting up your app in a way that allows downloading apps from resources other than the Amazon app store something that you cant do by default.
So, here is how to set up your device to sideload jailbreak Firestick apps without further ado.
- Connect the Firestick with your TV and wait until the Home screen appears.
- Once the screen loads, find the Settings menu at the top and select it. You can also press and hold the home button on your remote for 3 seconds to open the Settings menu.
- Keep scrolling through the subsequent menu to find My Fire TV option. Select this option.
- Scroll down the list appearing on your screen to find and select the Developer options setting.
- From the new menu, select the Apps from Unknown Sources and toggle it on.
- You will see a warning prompt highlighting the risks to your data privacy and unexpected device behavior. But these things largely depend on how you use the device, and the sources from which you download the apps. So, you can safely click on the Turn On button.
You have now completed the steps to take control of your Firestick. But, theres a catch.
For this, you need to apply these additional steps.
And this is it.
You now have jailbroken your Firestick and are ready to download any apps not available in the Amazon App Store without fearing spying on your streaming habits.
Don’t Miss: Why Should I Use VPN On My Iphone
What Are The Best Apps To Install On My Amazon Fire Stick
You can get all the popular apps you might expect for the Fire Stick, including Discovery+, Disney+, HBO, Hulu, YouTube, and Firefox. By jailbreaking your Fire Stick, youll also be able to install apps you usually cant, such as Kodi. Bear in mind that watching copyrighted content isnt legal, so I recommend being careful when accessing apps such as this.
Using unofficial apps can be a bit riskier if you dont trust the source, but a VPN can help by providing military-grade encryption for your data to keep you safe online.
How Do I Create A VPN Tunnel
Configure the X-Series Firewall at Location 1 with the dynamic WAN IP as the active peer.
- Log into the X-Series Firewall at Location 1.
- Go to the VPN > Site-to-Site VPN page.
- In the Site-to-Site IPSec Tunnels section, click Add.
- Enter a Name for the VPN tunnel.
- Configure the settings for Phase 1 and Phase 2.
Also Check: How To Connect Lg TV To VPN
If You Want To Watch Blocked Content At Home
However, if you’re staying at home, a VPN on your Fire Stick is still a useful piece of kit. By selecting a server location in a different country – say, the UK when you’re in the US – you’ll be able to access streaming sites that would initially be entirely blocked.
So, even if you’re stuck at home with nowhere to go, you can take a virtual vacation and immerse yourself in another culture through your TV screen. Perhaps it’s not quite the same as a three-month jaunt to Peru, but at least you’ll be able to watch Gavin and Stacey in Louisiana.
- Check out the best iPlayer VPN
Is It Safe To Use A Free VPN With Kodi
Free VPNs are everywhere. All claim to have the best security and claims to unblock every addon, but thats not true.
The problem with free VPN is, they keep logs and sell your data to third-parties for exchange of money.
While using Kodi and trying to unblock restricted content, you will need a free VPN for Kodi that has high-end security features and doesnt store your logs.
It is recommended that you use a VPN that covers all of your security and streaming needs. Even some of the free VPN providers available are actually paid VPN providers, having a free plan with limited features.
Other free VPN providers are not reliable at any cost. They keep logs, have the IP address, and DNS leak issues, and they cannot access the restricted content.
They might also slow down your media player or TV box, leaving you frustrated. Also, you cannot use Kodi with a free VPN addon installed on it, and you will always have to run it in the background.
You might also face some issues with your media player as it might start lagging or crashing.
Read Also: How To Add VPN To Kodi Firestick