Installing A VPN On Fire Stick Method 1
Ok, this is the easiest method you could ask for as long as your Fire Stick is 2nd Generation that is. If its an older model youll need to use Method 2 which is a bit more complicated, but still fairly straightforward.
With a 2nd Generation Fire Stick, just follow these steps:
- On the main home screen, select the search option from the top left corner.
- Type IPVanish in the search screen and press the middle button on your remote to search for the app.
- When IPVanish shows up in the results, select it and install it. After its installed, open it and enter your username and password and then log in.
- Press connect on the next screen and you are all done!
See I told you it would be easy!
Alternate Method #: Install VPN App Apk On 2nd
This method is easy if your VPN provider makes its Android APK file available via direct download instead of through an app store like Google Play. APK, or Android application package, is the installation file format used by Android devices. We advise you only download APKs directly from the VPN providers website. IPVanish, for example, allows customers to . APK files from third parties could be infected with adware or malware. You will need a download URL for the APK file for this method and a 2nd-gen or newer Fire TV Stick. Note that well still use IPVanish as an example here, but we strongly advise IPVanish subscribers to use the recommended Amazon App Store method above.
How To Select A Perfect VPN For Your Firestick
Whenever you use VPN, it is definite that the connection speed will go down due to the encryption rules that are applied to your data. However, selecting the best quality VPN will have only a slight or a negligible effect to your connection speed.
Potency of Encryption
There is no use of encryption if anybody with a slight amount of hacking knowledge can break the encryption layer. Hence, selecting a VPN service which utilizes the best encryption standards and protocols is ideal.
No Record of Activity Logs
While others cannot see your online activities, the VPN service provider can definitely do. Hence, it is important that a VPN service provider follows a no logs policy. Therefore, even if somebody asks for online activity records, no such records exist.
Additional Security Features
Apart from good connection speeds and a strong encryption standard, a VPN service provider must provide additional security features like a connection kill switch. A kill switch disconnects you from the internet, the very moment VPN connection drop thereby preventing your identity from getting leaked.
Also Check: Can You Get VPN On Apple TV
Enable Installation From Unknown Sources
After installing Downloader, youll now need to allow your device to install third-party applications downloaded through the app.
Why Do You Need A VPN On A Firestick
Since most of you might think of a VPN as a security tool, you may wonder why should you have it on your Firestick.
Well, actually, installing VPN on Fire TV, Cube, and Firestick has a lot more advantages than you think. Its not about ensuring security, rather more about enjoying the freedom to stream.
So, before discussing how to set up Firestick VPN, lets take a look at the benefits you earn with this effort.
Recommended Reading: Does A VPN Slow Internet Speed
Installing A VPN On Fire Stick
The simplest way to do this is to open up the Amazon Appstore. The top VPNs will all have an app available for Fire Stick, and wed recommend checking to see if theres a dedicated service available before signing up.
If youre using ExpressVPN, youd search for ExpressVPN in the search bar. Select the correct application, and download.
Once youve downloaded the app, open it, and you should be faced with a login screen. Use your details you created when signing up to the service to activate the app.
How To Install VPN On 1st Generation Firestick
If you have a 1st Generation Firestick then please utilize the following steps to install a VPN Service on your; 1st Generation Firestick.
- From the main menu of your Firestick, please navigate to Settings and tap on Device or My Fire TV.
- Select Developer Options.
- Please choose the . It will have an orange colored icon with a .
- Once the installation is complete, please launch the application. If asked to provide access to media and files on your device, please press Allow.
- Select the Home option from the menu on the left. Here you will see a space to enter a URL.
- If you want to download the APK File for IPVanish please enter the following URL: Get IPVanish APK from Here or paste this URL in the search bar to get it downloaded:;https://www.ipvanish.com/software/android/IPVanish.apk
- If you want to download the APK File for ExpressVPN please enter the following URL:;https://firestickhelper.com/expressvpn.apk
- Wait for the APK file to finish the download. Thereafter it will launch automatically.
- Tap on Install to install the particular VPN Service provider on your Firestick.
- Once the installation is successful, you will see an App Installed message. Tap on Done thereafter.
- When asked to delete the APK please allow the Firestick to do so.
- Now, launch the VPN application from Yours Apps section and connect to browse and stream safely and privately.
You May Like: Does A VPN Slow Down Internet Speed
Risks Of Not Using A VPN With The Fire TV Stick
Why should you use a VPN with your Fire TV Stick in the first place? A few reasons:
- If you dont use a VPN, your ISP will be able to see what youre watching.
- Your connection may be insecure if youre on a public Wi-Fi network, making you susceptible to hacking.Google and other online advertisers may be using your data to create targeted ads.
- If youre in an office or a country that restricts streaming, then you may be making yourself liable for punishment.
- Your VoIP phone calls may be insecure.
For any of the above reasons, using a VPN on your Fire TV Stick is a great step toward better digital security.
Install VPN On Firestick Troubleshooting Tips
If VPN is not working then you can follow either one of the following tips to make it work.
- Restart your Firestick and router and unplug them. Let them remain like that for a minute and then plug back in.
- If you see that your download speed is slow then please choose a different server that is closer to your actual location.
- If you are facing trouble logging in then make sure that you are entering correct credentials and there are no spaces before or after the credentials.
- Please uninstall the VPN Service and then reinstall it. For uninstallation you require heading to Settings ->Applications ->Manage Applications. Here select the Virtual Private Network provider and tap on Uninstall.
- If you are unable to locate ExpressVPN;or;IPVanish Virtual Private Network apps in Amazon App Store then it means you are using a 1st Generation Firestick. You require utilizing the detailed above.
- If you forgot your credentials, you can reset the same by clicking on Forgot Password tab on the VPN login screen.
IPVanish Best Offer is going on as of now for FireStick Helper Blog Followers. Check out below get the most out of it.
You May Like: How To Setup VPN On Att Uverse Router
How Do VPNs Work
Ill provide significantly more detail in a future post about how they really work, but in its simplest form, you can think about a VPN as a tunnel connecting two points.
The start of the tunnel is your computer or device that you are using to connect to the Internet in this case, the Fire Stick.
The end of the tunnel is the server or computer youre connecting to. Lets say its Netflix. You tell the VPN software that you want to connect to the US Netflix servers and those are the ones that it connects to. As simple as that!
To anyone on the outside your ISP for example all they can see is the wall of that tunnel. They cannot see what you are doing and they wont know that they should be throttling your traffic.
Now, one thing to be concerned about with VPNs is their speed. You have to think that if all of your traffic is going through a tunnel if that tunnel is not large enough for what you want to transmit and receive, its going to cause bottlenecks. Fortunately, the VPN Im going to be talking about is IPVanish.
IPVanish;is probably the best of the bunch right now and is specifically designed for streaming content. It has servers all over the world letting you bypass geotargeting & even better? Weve got a special offer for our readers giving you 71% off!
Would you like to know more? Here are;5 reasons why you need a VPN while streaming.
Recommended: Install Nordvpn On Firestick In 1 Minute
The NordVPN app is available on the Fire TV and Fire TV Sticks default app store. If you have a NordVPN subscription and a 2nd-generation Fire TV Stick or later, heres how to install a VPN on Amazon Firestick or Fire TV:
And thats it! Your connection will be established after a few moments. You can now leave the VPN app running in the background while you stream.
Although NordVPN is our favorite VPN for Firestick,;ExpressVPN, IPVanish, CyberGhost, and a few other great VPNs now also have apps on the Fire TV app store. If you want to know how to install another app, however, weve got instructions for that below.
Important reminder:;If youre currently running a side-loaded APK installation of NordVPN for Firestick , you WILL NOT be able to receive app updates from the Amazon App Store. Instead, you must first uninstall the NordVPN APK before downloading the new native app.
Also Check: How To Setup VPN On Spectrum Router
Benefits Of Using VPN On Fire TV
You can unlock a lot of hidden features simply by activating a VPN on your Amazon Fire. As a matter of fact, only those who reside in the US take full advantage of the Fire TV. As for those who are outside American borders, you wont enjoy this service to the fullest. Still in doubt? Here is why you must use a VPN with Firestick:
My VPN Isnt Working What Do I Do
If your VPN isnt playing ball on your Fire Stick, your best option is to get in contact with support on your providers website. ExpressVPN and many others have a dedicated live-chat feature, meaning you can talk to a real person 24/7, and theyll help sort out your issues.
Youll also be able to search through articles and guides which will also help you get up and running.
Read Also: How To Install VPN On Apple TV
Best VPN For Firestick
There are over a hundred VPN providers out there. To finalize this list of top VPNs for FireStick, we have painstakingly literally used and tested dozens of them. Later in this guide, you will find a section where we have described the method we have used to test them all.
After weeks of testing, we concluded that the following are the best VPNs for FireStick:
There are other VPNs that came close, however, they were not as good as the ones I have listed here. I did not want to make this list too big, as it would have only made things more confusing.
And, of all the VPNs we are going to talk about in this guide, ExpressVPN clearly stands out on all fronts including speed, security, online anonymity, privacy, and unrestricting geo-blocked content.
Starting with ExpressVPN, heres the list of best VPNs for Amazon Fire TV Stick:
You Dont Want Your Isp To See What Youre Doing Online Or Throttle Your Speeds
ISPs all over the world monitor your internet and can slow down your internet connection speed depending on the websites or apps you use.
This means that streaming Netflix or BBC iPlayer on your Amazon Fire TV Stick could be a lot faster.
That doesnt seem fair, right?
You can prevent this from happening with a secure VPN, as it will prevent your ISP from being able to see what youre doing online.
Read Also: Does VPN Slow Down Internet Speed
Why You Shouldnt Go With Free VPNs
As of now, you must have realized that both ExpressVPN and IPVanish are paid VPN service providers. Hence, most of you must be tempted to go with free VPN service providers. However, going with free Virtual Private Network service providers is one of the biggest mistakes that you can commit.
- A free Virtual Private Network service doesnt have enough servers, bandwidth and data caps.
- Privacy policies of free Virtual Private Network service providers are of no match to the policies of paid VPN service providers.
- Free VPN service providers might be snooping on your data to provide the same to 3rd parties.
- Poor security and encryption standards will make you vulnerable online.
Moving forward, let us have a look at the installation steps of ExpressVPN and IPVanish on Firestick.
How To Install Best VPN For Firestick
When it comes to streaming devices, Firestick has been consistently recognized as one of the best on the market. Part of its popularity stems from the fact that it provides an affordable way for TV owners to convert their viewing portal into a smart TV, so long as its HDMI enabled. Not only is Firestick easy to set up and use but it opens you up to a world of entertainment but, because of this, you will probably need a VPN to enjoy your content safely.; We will show you how to install best VPN for Firestick.
The latest Firestick models operate based on the improved Android firmware. This means youll now be able to enjoy numerous streaming services such as Kodi, Hulu and Netflix to name but a few. Another feature that sets the FireStick apart from the competition is its ability to stream several satellite channels as well.
With all that said Firestick is not without its faults. The device itself is fine. In fact, its very well-made and thoughtfully designed with an intuitive interface. The problem is with streaming restrictions that you might come across due to prohibitions set by your government and/or ISP.
This includes things like:
The good news is that there is a way to get around all of these restrictions and limitations by using a VPN on your Firestick or Fire TV Stick device. A VPN works by hiding your IP address so that no-one can tell who you are or where youre browsing the Internet from.
Read Also: How To Setup VPN On Att Uverse Router
How To Install A VPN On Firestick Fire TV And Fire TV Cube In No Time
The readers like you support PrivacySavvy to help keep up the good work. When you purchase using links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Learn how PrivacySavvy.com makes money.
Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube are quick means to transform your regular TV into a home theatre. But, to watch your desired content, you need to install a VPN on Firestick and other Fire TV devices.
Thats where things go tricky.
Not every one of you might know installing a VPN on Fire devices. Perhaps, you might also deem it unnecessary.
However, if you really want to make the best of your Amazon Fire devices, you inevitably need a VPN. Thats how you reward yourself with the best entertainment from all over the world.
As for its setup, this guide has got you covered! Read along to learn why you should install a VPN on Amazon Firestick and alike, and how exactly to do that.
How To Install VPN On Firestick
March 14, 2020 By Leon
Amazon Firestick is an outstanding device with an amazing capability to deliver a superior online streaming experience on television. It is a powerful streaming media device that plugs into an HDTV and enables the users to access movies, TV shows, and various apps and games. Looking like a big pen drive, the Firestick packs in decent hardware inside it. The Firestick made its entry with Amazon Fire TV Stick 1st Generation which has been discontinued as of now.
Later came the Amazon Fire TV Stick 2nd Generation with voice search facility and the latest is Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K. The crazy thing with Firestick is that you dont require owning a smart TV to access Netflix, Amazon Prime etc. and this is, probably, the biggest reason behind the massive popularity that Firestick enjoys.
Apart from the default applications available on the Firestick, there is a variety of 3rd party applications like Kodi, Cinema APK, Popcorn Time, Showbox, Mobdro etc. which you can install on your Firestick to enhance your online streaming experience. However, since these are 3rd party applications, your ISP may threaten to shut down your internet connection if you access to video streams through them.
You May Like: Does VPN Make Internet Slower