Why Do I Need Strongvpn For Fire TV Stick
StrongVPN allows you to use any Wi-Fi network with complete security. Without a VPN, your connection is vulnerable to the prying eyes of hackers and third parties. Because the Fire TV Stick requires an internet connection, youll need the proper security provided by StrongVPN to protect your activity.
Enjoy a truly open internet with an added layer of protection. By connecting you to one of our 950+ servers in more than 30 countries, StrongVPN lets you safely access media from anywhere while staying private and secure.
Your privacy is our priority. Thats why were proud to be one of the only zero-logging VPNs. This means well never track, store, or sell your private browsing or identifying data to third parties.
StrongVPN offers some of the fastest encryption speeds in the industry. As soon as you connect to the secure server of your choice, your data will be secure within seconds. Dont forget to try our Best Available Location feature, which auto-selects the best server for you for the fastest connection.
How Does Strongvpn Work
A VPN, or Virtual Private Network, is a tool for navigating the internet securely and freely.
StrongVPN safely masks your true, unique IP address by swapping it with one of our 59,500 available IPs. As a result, your online activity is rendered completely private and secure from prying eyes. By connecting to our VPN, not only will your activity be invisible, but youll be able to bypass restrictions that block content based on your location.
Testing Methodology: How To Choose The Best Free VPN For Firestick
Finding free VPNs for FireSticks is not easy. We tested 45+ VPNs just to find 5 free VPNs that worked based on the following criteria:
- Dedicated App for FireStick Make sure the VPN you choose is compatible with FireStick. Many VPN providers offer dedicated apps for Fire TV that can be downloaded directly through Amazon App Store. All the free VPNs that we have recommended have dedicated apps for FireStick that are easy to install and use.
- Logging policy There have been many cases where a VPN claiming to be free for FireStick actually collected users online information in the background to sell it to marketing agencies subsequently. Since your privacy should always be the priority of any VPN service, a VPN must have a clear no logging policy.
- Speed All providers mentioned in our guide are fast enough for streaming on Fire TV. Although free VPNs cannot compete with paid options in terms of connection speeds, the services mentioned above are still better than most free VPNs in the market.
- Security Strong encryption is necessary to hide your online traffic from outside interference. All the free VPNs mentioned above offer AES-256 bit encryption, which is virtually unbreakable, thus offering iron-clad security to FireStick users.
- Usability FireStick apps should be easy to install and use since the interface is only accessible through remote control. The VPNs mentioned in this guide offer dedicated apps for FireStick, and are easy to use.
You May Like: How To Change Your Ip Without VPN
How To Install Free VPN On Firestick
Heres how to install a free VPN on FireStick:
Thats it. You have now just installed a VPN for FireStick free of cost.
Here are some premium installation guides for different VPN providers on FireStick.
Best VPNs For Roku In 2021
Before you install…
Its important to remember that Kodi doesnt develop these add-ons and neither does Amazon. Use caution, and remember that third-party developers can potentially package malware into their add-ons.
- Exodus Redux a fast service with a veritable ton of content available in its library. Exodus offers a wide selection of TV shows and films.
- The Magic Dragon Similar to Exodus, The Magic Dragon has a seemingly endless library of the latest movies and TV boxsets to binge.
- Venom Venom might not have a great selection of older, more obscure titles, but if youre into recent releases and blockbuster films, its a great option.
- Limitless In addition to TV and film, Limitless has a broad selection of sports to tune into, as well as childrens entertainment and comedy programming.
- CTOON Kodi CTOON is a one-stop-shop for all things animated; whether thats cartoons and kids classics or the latest in anime, youll find it in the add-ons impressive library. Check out our unblock cartoons guide for more ways to watch your favorite shows.
- The Crew Another add-on with impressive variety, The Crew lets users peruse films, TV shows, sports, comedy content, and plenty more.
You May Like: Can You Get VPN On Apple TV
Multiple Simultaneous Device Connections
Of course, when you buy a VPN subscription, you wouldnt just install a VPN on Amazon Firestick or other Fire devices only. Rather youll surely like to set it up on other devices as well.
In fact, this is what you should ideally get when youre paying for a VPN service.
So, before subscribing, check whether the service provider offers multiple device connections on a single account, if yes, how many of them. The more simultaneous connections you receive , the better.
How To Install A VPN In A Fire Stick In 17 Steps
The first thing to know is that the first generation Amazon Fire TV Stick does not support VPN. You would have to acquire the second generation device to be able to install a Virtual Private Network in it and enjoy the benefits of private and anonymous internet connection.
For this guide, we will show you how to install a VPN on your Firestick via the direct APK method since it will work with every VPN.
To install a VPN on your Firestick, you need to:
- Select Settings on the home screen of your Fire Stick.
- Select Device, then Developer from the menu.
- Choose Apps from Unknown Sources, which will lead you to a popup window asking you to confirm.
- Go back to the Home screen.
- Go to Apps, then Utilities, and download the Downloader app.
- Run the Downloader app.
- This is the part where you need to decide which VPN to use. Check out the chart below, then proceed to copy or type the text into the box to begin download of the APK file.
TorGuard : Enter the URL:;http://best10vpn.com/recommends/torguardapk/
Private Internet Access: Enter the URL: http://best10vpn.com/recommends/piaapk/
IPVanish: Enter the URL:;http://best10vpn.com/recommends/ipvanish-apk/
- Hit Install when download ends.
- Open the application, which should open the VPN app.
To use the VPN from your FireStick:
- Open the VPN app.
- Sign in with your username and password.
- Choose a server location of your convenience and connect to it.
- Adjust your settings according to what you want to achieve.
Read Also: Can I Use VPN On My Smart TV
Is There A Monthly Charge For Amazon Fire TV Stick
No, there isnt. However, the Amazon Fire TV Stick simply turns your TV into a SmartTV, so if you want to access certain streaming platforms, you need subscriptions for them.
If youre worried about money, ExpressVPN is backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee you dont have to commit, so if youre not satisfied with it you can claim a refund within the guarantee period.
Sideload Apps Via Android
Since Fire devices have Android OS as their base operating system, another strategy to install VPN on Amazon Fire TV Stick is to sideload them via an Android device.
For this, all you need is an Android phone or tablet through which you can configure your Fire TV or Firestick.
The core concept here is to connect your Fire device with the Android one to further assist in downloading apps on the former. Youll take help from something like Apps2Fire that uploads apps on a device via its IP address.
But, before implementing these steps, make sure you have a Fire TV Stick 2nd-generation or newer. If you arent sure about it, check out the model on the outer side of the Fire device. A 2nd-gen device should bear the model name LY73PR.
Heres how to sideload VPN apps on Firestick.
And this is it. Your VPN will remain connected on your Fire device until you manually disconnect it or turn off your Firestick or Fire TV.
Read Also: Does Mcafee Livesafe Have VPN
Why You Need A VPN On The Firestick
A lot of streaming services might be out of your reach just because of your virtual location. Want to watch Hulu outside of the US or stream Disney+ in Malaysia? Youre out of luck because these streaming giants do not offer their services for Firestick users there.
Once you connect your Firestick or any of its brothers to your TV and a VPN, you gain access to all the entertainment Amazon managed to get under their wing. YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, Netflix the works! All in all, when you add a VPN to Firestick, you can get access to over 500,000 movies and TV episodes.
Heres how you do it.;
How To Install & Use Expressvpn On Firestick And Fire TV
Installing and configuring ExpressVPN on a FireStick or Fire TV is extremely simple and takes less than a minute.
Follow these simple steps to install ExpressVPN.
Get an ExpressVPN subscription by clicking here.
Turn on your Fire TV Stick and go to the menu bar in the middle of the screen and select Find > Search.
Look for ExpressVPN in the search results and click.
On the next screen, click the ExpressVPN icon.
Select the Download or Get option.
After entering your email address and the password you created during your ExpressVPN signup, open the app and click Sign in.
When prompted to Help Improve ExpressVPN, click OK if you want to share reports, or No Thanks if you dont want to share reports.
When the Set Up your VPN prompt appears, click OK.
When the Connection Request prompt appears, click OK once more.
ExpressVPN chooses a Smart Location for you automatically, so all you need to do now is click the connect button to connect to a VPN server immediately.
If you wish to connect to a different server, you can click the Smart Location button.
Select the region you require from the All Locations tab at the top.
Select a country to connect to ExpressVPNs best-chosen server for that country.
ExpressVPN will now ensure your connection is secure.
- Unblocks: iPlayer, YouTube, Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, and Disney+
- Max Connections: Unlimited
- Supports: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux.
If your budget is limited, you should consider Surfshark.
You May Like: How To Create Your Own VPN
Which Free VPNs Don’t Work On Firestick
The majority of free VPNs dont work well on Fire TV devices simply because they dont dedicated apps for the platform.
While there are plenty of free VPNs, very few have the necessary tools to be easily installed on Amazons streaming device.
If your free VPN doesnt have a native Fire OS app, an APK file, or is incompatible with routers, itll be very hard to use on a Firestick.
We recommend the free VPNs on this page because they are fast, safe, and come with native apps for Firestick or have an APK file you can side load.
Popular free VPNs we dont recommend for use on Fire TV devices are Avira VPN, Hotspot Shield and TunnelBear.
General Firestick VPN Troubleshooting Tips
Most of you will never need these, but just in case TROYPOINT has you covered.
- If your IPVanish Firestick/Fire TV/Fire TV Cube VPN application is not connecting, go into Settings / VPN Protocol and change to OpenVPN or OpenVPN , whichever one isnt currently active
- Restart both your Fire TV/Stick and router by unplugging from power, let sit for a minute and then plug back in.
- If your download speed seems slow or you are experiencing buffering, choose a different server, close to where you are located within the VPN application. ;Keep in mind that there are multiple servers available for each location and you can try each of them to see which provides better results.
- Uninstall the IPVanish VPN app on the Fire TV or Fire TV Stick by going into Settings / Applications / Manage Applications / IPVanish and then click uninstall. ;After you have removed the VPN, reinstall with the guide above.
- If the IPVanish application doesnt appear in Amazon App Store on your device, follow the screenshot guide above for installing through the Downloader app.
- If you forgot or lost your IPVanish password, you can reset it by clicking the Forgot Password link within the login area on the IPVanish Website.
- No VPN will work on the 1st Generation Firestick due to low processing power.
- If you need help with something, send IPVanish an email at and include TROYPOINT in the subject line for an expedited reply.
Also Check: Why Should I Use VPN On My Iphone
How To Install A VPN On A Fire TV Stick
An Amazon Fire TV Stick works great for streaming on-demand content and accessing other internet-connected services, but some traffic can attract unwanted attention from your ISP. Check out our guide on how to install a VPN on your Fire TV.
Amazon Fire TV devices feature a ton of entertainment options with native support for many of the best video streaming services, including Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video. The Fire TV Stick also offers access to a decent collection of apps to enhance your media streaming experience, including the Amazon Silk browser and Spotify.
However, as with any other internet-connected device, the traffic you generate from your Fire Stick is visible to your Internet Service Provider . That’s not ideal. Everyone should consider using a virtual private network to keep their private data out of the reach of ISPs. VPNs can also help you access region-locked content in some cases, but note that many video streaming services are actively working to prevent this workaround.
Installing a VPN on a Fire Stick can be a bit of a hassle in some cases, but don’t worry; we take you through every step of the process. Just make sure to read our entire guide. If you have any issues or want to discuss your own experiences, make sure to leave a comment. Check out our roundup of other Fire TV Stick tricks and tips to get the most out of your device.
How To Set Up A Mouse For Avast Secure Line VPN On Fire TV
That is all! You can now navigate through your Avast Secureline VPN app on Firestick by using the mouse app on your optional device! This tutorial was pretty hectic and time-consuming if you ask me. If you think its too much of a hassle to go through, there are other top VPN services that are better and that offer an app for Firestick.
Read Also: How To Connect Lg TV To VPN
Controlling Mouse Input On Firestick
Some VPN apps dont work well with the Fire TV remote and require the use of a mouse. Fortunately, newer versions of the Fire TV and Fire TV Stick support Bluetooth mice.
If you dont have one, you could use an app called Mouse Toggle that turns your smartphone into a mouse that can be used to control your Fire TV. It costs less than a physical mouse at only $2.99 and is available for iOS and Android. In order to use the Mouse Toggle app with your Fire TV, you will need to enable ADB Debugging in your Fire TV settings.
Check out this video tutorial to find out how to install and control an Android VPN app that isnt available from Amazons Fire TV app store. This video uses NordVPNs old app for demonstration:
Installing Kodi Via Downloader
Now, your Firestick is all ready to go! Youll need to install Kodi before you can start a weekend-long movie binge, however, and the easiest way to do this is with the Downloader App. The app installer takes the stress out of setting up Kodi , and you can get it for free on Amazon.
Youre all set! From here, you can select Open to start the Kodi app, or select Done if youre not quite ready.
Read Also: How To Add VPN To Kodi Firestick