How To Change Your Ip Address On A Windows Pc
The process of installing ExpressVPN on a Windows PC is similar to the process for a Mac. Heres what you need to do:
Thats it. If youd like to stop using ExpressVPN, then click on the Connect button again. Doing so will disconnect ExpressVPN until you want to use it again.
Compelling Reasons To Change Your Ip Address
- Two devices on your network share the same IP address.
- You are using a router that is providing unusable IP addresses.
- To fix an IP address that has not been correctly configured.
- To get past firewalls.
- Encrypt data for enhanced data protection and increased security.
- Avoid throttling from your Internet service provider
- To stop tracking and ensure there is no digital footprint.
- Because you are unable to connect to WiFi and you dont understand why.
- To access content that would otherwise be restricted in your local area.
Option : Manually Change Your Ip Address
Here’s what to do if you’ve already got a new IP address that you know you want to use.
MacOS: Go to System Preferences and click Network. Click Network Connection, then click Configure IPv4. Select Manually and type in whatever IP you’ve chosen.
iOS: Go to Settings, tap Wi-Fi, then Network. Under the IPv4 address section, tap Configure IP. Manually type in whatever IP address you’re trying to use.
Windows: Make sure you’re working from your Administrator account and click Start, then go to Control Panel. From here, click Network Connection, and then click on your local area connection. Next, click Properties, then click TCP/IP. From here, you can type your new IP address in manually.
Android: Go to Settings, tap Connections then tap Wi-Fi. From here, tap on the network you’re currently connected to. Tap the gear-shaped icon to the right of the network. Your IP address will be displayed here, but go to the bottom of the screen and tap Advanced, then tap IP Settings. Select Static. The next screen will let you manually type in whatever IP address you’ve chosen.
Don’t Miss: 911 VPN For Pc
How To Change Location On Phone Laptop And More
Believe it or not, this is actually the easy bit. Simply scroll below and follow the easy steps to change location with a VPN:
The steps above are based on a macOS computer, but you’ll be able to follow a similar process on other desktop operating systems and will also find VPN apps available for Android and iOS mobile devices. The very best software will make this nice and easy for you, that’s why we like providers such as ExpressVPN and NordVPN so much.
You can make things even easier for yourself by installing a VPN extension in your browser. As its the internets most popular browser, weve tried and tested all the best Chrome VPN extensions.
Your Complete Guide To Your Ip Address And How To Protect Yourself Online
The internet is a part of our daily lives and we often use it without giving a second thought as to what kind of virtual footprints we are leaving and how this information might be used. The truth of the matter is that you are leaving more cookie crumbs than you think, every single time you access the internet. It all starts with your IP address. Let’s take an in-depth look at IP addresses, their different kinds, the information they provide, and what you can do to protect yourself.
Also Check: Google Play Country Setting
Select A VPN Server From Your Provider’s List
To change your IP address with a VPN, all you need to do is select a location from your provider’s list of VPN servers. This can even be a server in your own country if you just want a different IP for privacy reasons and want the best possible speeds out of your VPN.
Click on the “Selected location” button to bring up a list of recommended locations. Select “AllLocations” to view a list of all available servers from around the world.
Double click on any of the options to connect to said location.
Congrats! You should now have an IP address from the country of your choice.
You can click the big Power button to disconnect from the VPN server and regain your original IP address at any time.
How To Change Ip Address Without VPN In Pc
Internet Protocol, Mostly known as IP, is the Address of an User whos surfing through Internet. Its an Unique set of Numbers which is linked through all your Activities done through Internet. IP as well as DNS is used to track and Hunt down any impostors Location. While Surfing through any anonymous website can be harmful and it might be possible that youre totally Vulnerable to Hackers with your Real IP Address. Lets know how to change IP Address without any VPN.
In case of Phones there are several Applications on Play store that are completely or Partially free and can be used to change IP with ease. In case of PC very rare applications are present, Though there are many paid VPN with which You can change IP with ease, But Well see how to change IP manually from Your PC without any Software.
Don’t Miss: Hudeejayerrordomain Error 1
What Can A VPN Do
The VPN server allocates IP addresses to computers on the network, so once connected youll get an IP address from the location you chose. You can change IP address to any country or city location that the VPN provider makes available to you. These locations will depend on the VPN provider and package plan you choose.
Many VPN providers are available online, charging varying rates, and offering varying levels of services. Some VPN providers have a large number of potential IP addresses that you can use, in many different countries. These allow you to change IP address using a VPN as frequently as you desire, free of charge.
Some providers target users looking to access entertainment sites like Hulu and BBC iPlayer, and some advertise to those who want high security or anonymity while browsing the internet. This is dependent on the provider, but regardless, all VPNs pretty much produce the same results.
Most VPN services allow you to change IP address regularly and automatically. Changing the IP address assigned to your computer requires no input from you. In fact, most VPN providers change the IP address assigned to your computer each time you log onto, or off the network.
Option : Automatically Update Your Ip Address On Mac Ios Windows And Android
Changing your IP address will better protect your browsing.
Here’s how to do this on Mac, iOS, Windows and Android:
MacOS: Click your Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen, and click System Preferences then Network then Advanced. At the top of the next screen, click TCP/IP, then click the Renew DHCP Lease button on the right side of the window.
iOS: Go to Settings, tap Network and choose the wireless network you’re currently on. Under the IPv4 address section, tap Configure IP then Automatic.
Windows 10: Press the Win+R keys at the same time. This opens the Run box dialog. Type cmd, then hit Enter on your keyboard. This opens the command prompt.
For those who’ve never seen a Windows command prompt before: This is the part where you will either be immediately terrified something is about to get broken, or you will suddenly feel like you’re about to do something extremely cool. Do not panic neither of those things is going to happen. The magic black box has that effect on everyone their first time.
Type ipconfig /release into the command prompt and hit Enter. Some text will zoom by. When it stops, type ipconfig /renew and hit Enter again. Then close your command prompt. You’re done.
Also Check: How To Use VPN On Xbox One
Why Automatically Change Ip
There are two main reasons for changing your IP automatically every several minutes: to increase the level of anonymity or to automate tasks like web crawling or data scraping.
If you are looking for increasing your online anonymity, the automatic IP rotation virtually changes your online identity and hides your public IP address. Thus, tracking your browsing or downloading activities becomes more difficult .
For data scraping and web crawling the frequent change/hide IP address is the way to go. Can it be done manually? Yes. Is it efficient? No. The auto IP rotation is an excellent solution to the problem.
What Does A VPN Do To Your Ip Address
It gives you a different one. Thats because when youre connected via a VPN your internet data doesnt go directly to the site or service youre visiting it goes to the VPN server, and that server then connects to the site or service . The site or service sees the IP of the server, not you so while you may be browsing from Birmingham, Belfast or Boston the site believes youre in Bangalore, Bulgaria or Belgium.
Recommended Reading: Setting Up Uverse
How To Change Your Ip Address On A Router
To change your IP address on a router, follow the steps below:
You can also just restart your router. After you unplug it, leave it for a couple of minutes. When you plug it back in, the IP address automatically changes.
Types Of Ip Addresses
Not all IP addresses are created equal! Rather, they can be divided into a few different categories, some of which have certain advantages over others.
- Public: Each and every internet-connected device has a public IP address, distributed by the Internet Service Providers vis-à-vis the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers. What, you havent heard of ICANN? Nevertheless, these public IP addresses are searchable on the web, which is why we can find our printer simply by Googling its IP address.
- Private/ local: In contrast to public IP addresses, private IP addresses arent searchable on the web. Rather, theyre numbers that routers assign the devices on their networks so that they can communicate with each other.
- Dynamic: Dynamic IP addresses, as we mentioned before, are any type of IP address that change every time you connect, usually through a VPN. This makes users hard to track online, as their literal address keeps changing.
- Static: Static means that the IP addresses do not change. With VPNs, static IP addresses are usually shared with thousands of users in order to obscure their identities. However, some websites block these shared IP addresses, which necessitates users getting dedicated IP addresses. What a convenient transition!
- Dedicated: Dedicated IP addresses are assigned to only one user rather than being shared by several. They usually cost a different fee on top of the regular VPN subscription.
Don’t Miss: Att Uverse Network Settings
What Is A Static Ip Address
A static IP address, also known as a fixed IP address, is an identification number assigned to a host. It remains the same in time and is indefinitely reserved for that particular service. The static IP doesn’t change even after turning the device off and switching it back on. Typically, static IP is used within an internal network for services where it is undesirable to have their IP change dynamically to ensure continuous availability .âThis draws the main difference with a dynamic IP. A dynamic IP is dynamically assigned to a host by DHCP service. It changes at the end of the leased period, usually 24 hours, but this is a custom configuration.
Use A Proxy To Change Your Ip Address
Proxies work similarly to VPNs but with far less versatility and security. Your internet connection goes through a middleman server so that websites and other online resources see the proxy servers IP address and not your own. Unlike VPNs, proxies often lack encryption, only affect certain apps, and can leak your IP address through other means.
A few different types of proxies can be used to change your IP address:
- HTTP/S proxies Usually either browser extensions or special websites that work like a browser within your browser. They only change the IP address on data sent to and from your browser, but do not affect other apps or even DNS traffic. If encryption is included, these are sometimes called SSL proxies.
- SOCKS proxies General purpose proxy servers that can be configured for specific apps including most web browsers. SOCKS5, the latest version, includes support for encryption.
- SSH proxies SSH proxies forward internet traffic from apps like your web browser through a Secure Shell connection to a server, so your IP address is changed to that of the server. Although encryption is included, SSH is not a particularly fast protocol, and many websites and apps might not function properly when connected.
Also Check: 911 Socks5
How Does VPN Location Changer Work
VPN location changer works by changing your apparent location and sending your data traffic via another server.
- Usually, when you use the internet, your device continuously exchanges data with other parties, hovering over the web. If you use VPN, it creates a safe connection between you and the internet. All the data traffic is sent through an encrypted secure virtual tunnel to the external server, i-e, the VPN server. From the external server, your data is then sent to its destination.
- VPN allows the users to select the server anywhere in the world where VPN services have servers. It can be a VPN country changer or, in some cases, only a VPN city changer. For instance, Express VPN has its servers in 94 countries.
- Once you connect to a server, the IP location changer will form an encrypted virtual tunnel to securely pass all your device’s data. A virtual tunnel will decrypt the data and send it to the final destination. Your original IP address will be hidden and will be shown as that of the selected server. You can also change the location whenever you want and still use the app.
Why Hide Your Ip Address With Avira
Its so easy with our free Phantom VPN! Heres what makes it the trusted choice:
Rated one of the top free VPNs in the world
Reliably prevents your IP address from being leaked, ensuring that no one, not even your ISP, can see what websites you visit.
Fast, safe, and keeps no logs of your activity.
Gives you access to 38 server locations around the globewith just 2 clicksso no one knows where you really are.
Works on any device for Windows, Android, iOS, and Mactheres also a free browser plugin for Chrome!
Part of a multi-award-winning software portfolio from a trusted German security leader, with 30 years of experience.
Plus, its free!
Discover Free Security for Windows
The most comprehensive free security software for your Windows:
- Leading antivirus
Also Check: How To Use 911 VPN On Macbook
How Does A Public Ip Address Work
A public IP address is routable and is unique. No two public IP addresses in the world are the same. Your public IP address is obtained from your internet service provider. The main difference between the two is that your public IP address can communicate worldwide, while your private IP address can only communicate with the router or server it is behind which in turn has a public IP address that can communicate with the rest of the world. Public IP addresses are also what is used by businesses who offer public Wi-Fi.
To Avoid Price Discrimination
Lets say you are planning a trip and are researching tickets or accommodation online. When you click on a search result to go to a website and check out the prices, the website will know your IP and be aware you are interested in their services.
Next time, if you use the same keywords to do the search, some websites may show you higher prices to try to persuade you that time is running out and whatever you were looking for is only going to get more expensive. Certain services also offer different prices for different countries. Faking your location can avoid price hikes and help you get a better deal on your next online purchase.
Don’t Miss: How To Change Playstore Country
When To Use VPN
You can use VPN for various important tasks. Some of them are:
1 To Access Region Restricted Streaming Service
Streaming services provide different content in different regions. With a fake location using a VPN, you can access shows, movies and other content that is not available in your country.
2 To Watch Sporting Events
Sports events are not shown worldwide. If you want to watch them, a VPN location changer will help you access the content without spending a lot of money.
3 To Compare the Prices of Products
Various online stores offer different prices to visitors from other countries. VPN country changes give you access to check and compare the prices from different countries.
4 To Hide Identity from Trackers
If you don’t want any online service to track your address, you can use an IP location changer.
5 To Practice Freedom of Speech
If you are conscious of working on something sensitive and want to practice your freedom of speech without breach of your location, a VPN IP address changer can help you out.