How To Choose A VPN For Firestick
VPNs are made differently, and different VPNs are suitable for different purposes. For example, some VPNs specialize in offering anonymity to power users, so they dont focus on the interface or even develop apps for different devices. So
What makes a VPN suitable for streaming on Firestick?
- Unlimited Bandwidth: Streaming consumes lots of bandwidth, so youll need a provider that doesnt restrict the amount of bandwidth you can use.
- Speed: To ensure that you can stream in 1080p and 4K quality without buffering, choose a VPN that doesnt have a significant impact on your speeds.
- Unblocks Streaming Services: Almost all streaming services have geo-restrictions in place to comply with licensing policies, and they have blocked VPNs to prevent circumventing those policies. Nevertheless, some VPNs have gone the extra mile to ensure that their service is always working with the top streaming services.
- An App for Firestick: Firestick is all about installing apps, so what good is a VPN if you cant install it on the device? The best VPN for Firestick has to have an app on the Fire TV app store, and if it doesnt, it should have an Android app that works well with Firestick.
The factors above should be on top of other standard considerations of a VPN, such as its server network, user interface, privacy, and security standards, among others.
How To Know If The VPN Is Really Working
Please note that the IP address seen in your network settings is your internal LAN IP address and it usually starts with 192.168.x.x. This is completely separate from these discussions. That wont change and has nothing to do with the VPN.
What you need to look for is your external IP address. ;It should change when you connect or disconnect from your VPN.
Normally, its as simple as going to one of a bunch of websites that will show you your external IP address, including just typing IP in a Google search.
However, on a Fire Stick, its not that easy because theres no web browser. ;So, instead heres another way to see your external IP address from within Kodi.
This is how you can be sure that the VPN is working properly on a Fire TV or Stick:
- From the usual;Fusion source of http://fusion.tvaddons.ag, install from zip and select the respository-xbmchub-x.x.x.zip repository
- Go to Install from repository;>;TVADDONS.AG Add-on Repository > Program add-ons > Indigo
- Install Indigo and open it.
- Select System Information
- You will find your External IP address there
- Switch over to the IPVanish app, and connect or disconnect
- Now switch back to Kodi, go back to the Indigo main menu and select System Information again
- You should see the External IP addressed has changed to something different
Expressvpn: The Best VPN For Firestick
ExpressVPN Top Features:
- Unblocks: iPlayer, YouTube, Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, and Disney+
- Max Connections: Five
- Supports: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux.
ExpressVPN is a top-of-the-line VPN for FireStick that outperforms the other VPNs we tested.
With over 3000 servers in over 90 countries and over 160 locations, ExpressVPN provides an abundance of connection options.
When you subscribe to ExpressVPN, youll receive 256-bit AES encryption, split tunneling, a kill switch, DNS/IPv6 leak protection, a strict no-logs policy, and several other security features. All of which combine to make this VPN a practical and secure VPN service for Amazon FireStick.
Due to its location in the British Virgin Islands, which is outside the jurisdiction of the 14 Eyes group of countries, it is safe to assume that it faces no external pressure to disclose user data.
You can connect up to five devices concurrently using a single Express VPN account. Express VPN supports router-level configuration to enable you to connect and protect as many devices as you want to your Wi-Fi. ;;
Simply put, ExpressVPN is the best VPN for FireStick money can buy and ensures that you have a worry-free, unrestricted entertainment experience.;
Recommended Reading: How To Change Your Ip Without VPN
How To Install And Use Ipvanish On Kodi
Follow these steps to install IPVanish on Kodi on Windows:
Step 1: Subscribe or Sign Up with IPVanish VPN
Step 2: and Install IPVanish app on a preferred device
Step 3:Open IPVanish app and enter the login details
Step 4: Connect to any server i.e. US or UK server
Step 5: Now Open Kodi
Step 6: You can start streaming Live TV addon or any Movie with complete anonymity
How To Use Ipvanish On Kodi
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use IPVanish on Kodi:
Step 1: Select the VPN configuration through VPN Manager>Settings
Step 2: Enter your username and password you used to purchase an IPVanish subscription
Step 3: Now choose the VPN Connections tab, then the First VPN connection
Step 4: The VPN manager will verify your credentials
Step 5: When prompted, choose a server location appropriate to the channel you wish to access on Kodi
Step 6: You are now successfully logged and loaded into IPVanish
This will disconnect you from the IPVanish VPN server. Be warned, it is extremely risky to use certain Kodi add-ons without a VPN.
Read Also: Can You Get VPN On Apple TV
How To Install Justwatch On Firestick
The following tutorial on how to install JustWatch contains all the information you need to get started using your JustWatch on a Fire TV or Firestick.
If youre installing it from another type of device such as an NVIDIA SHIELD or similar, then you can always install it using the Google Play Store.
On the other hand, the Apple App Store is where you should go to install JustWatch for an iOS device such as an iPad or an iPhone.
1. Start from your devices home screen, and then click on Search.
2. Input JustWatch in the search bar.
3. Then, select the JustWatch app from the options on the screen.
4. Hit Get.
5. Give the app a few moments to install. Select Open.
6. At this point, the app will automatically open and youll be given a chance to choose your favorite streaming services that youd like to integrate into the service.
Keep in mind that you must be subscribed to the services that you pick to integrate with your JustWatch app or account.
7. Select all of the streaming services that you are subscribed to which youd like to integrate and then select Get Started.
8. You will then be taken to the JustWatch home screen so that you can start looking for new content.
Youre now ready to connect your JustWatch account and enjoy streaming your favorites.
How To Update Ipvanish On Firestick
You might encounter with IPVanish when it doesnt get the automatic update in your Firestick TV. So to get the latest version you can follow these steps.
But before we move on you need to disconnect the VPN with Amazon Firestick.
Recommended Reading: Can I Use VPN On My Smart TV
Why Use A VPN With A Firestick
Not everyone is convinced that they need to use a VPN when streaming content on a Firestick. They argue that they are using their Firestick to stream legitimate content and it is an unnecessary cost that will only serve to slow down their Fire TVs internet connections. This is based on a false premise, as the best VPNs will only have a minimal impact on speeds. But it also overlooks a number of compelling reasons why VPNs should be essential tools for all Firestick users:
- Security: The Firestick is built on a version of the Android operating system known as Fire OS. Android is hugely popular but also notoriously insecure. This leaves Firestick users open to attacks from hackers as well as surveillance from governments, ISPs, and other bodies. A VPN will encrypt all of the online data coming from your Firestick protecting you against these risks.
- Public Wi-Fi: One of the big attractions of a Firestick is its portability with people thinking they can take their entertainment anywhere in the world. But this will often mean using public Wi-Fi in hotels and other places which is also very insecure. Again, the encryption offered by a VPN will allow you to use your Firestick on these networks safely.
- Accessing content abroad: While it is easy to take the Firestick device around the world, many of the most popular streaming services people use it for are geo-restricted to only be used in a single country. With a VPN, it is possible to .
Amazon App Store Instructions New Fire TV Interface
This first set of instructions are for those using the new Fire TV interface.
This includes the Fire TV Stick Lite, 3rd Gen Firestick, or 2nd gen Fire TV Cube.
If using the Amazon Firestick 4K, Fire TV Televisions, 1st gen Fire TV Cube, and older models of the Amazon Firestick, refer to the instructions for the old interface that follows.
NOTE: Not all devices will have this interface as it is slowly rolling out to Firesticks and Fire TVs.
Step 1 Register for an account at IPVanish with a discount by clicking HERE.
Step 2 From the home screen hover over Find.
Step 3 Scroll down and click Search.
Step 4 Type in Ipvanish and click the first option.
Step 5 Click the IPVanish VPN app.
Step 6 Click Download.
Step 7 Once the IPVanish app installs, click Open.
Step 8 Enter your IPVanish account information and click Log In.
Step 9 Click Connect.
Step 11 Thats it! You have installed IPVanish VPN on your Firestick/Fire TV.
Recommended Reading: Does Mcafee Livesafe Have VPN
Which Is The Best VPN For Firestick
We have a VPN subscription for more than 10 brands and we have tried all of them on Firestick. After doing all the techy things, we reached the conclusion that IPVanish VPN is the best VPN for firestick.
IPVanish VPN is made for Firestick, FireTV, FireTV Cube & FireTV Televisions. It has the best user-interface that you can easily control from the firestick remote. Along with a great user interface, there are a couple of other features that are just perfect for Firestick users.
IPVanish VPN comes with 40,000+ IP Addresses, 1300+ Servers in over 75 Locations. Using these servers, you can access the content of any country. Apart from that, you will get Unlimited Bandwidth which is good for streaming movies or binge-watching the new Seasons of your favorite TV show without worrying about the speed of the internet. There is No bandwidth throttling when you are using IPVanish VPN.IPVanish VPN also beats censorship thus allows you to access all the censored apps & websites in your geographical area. IPVanish gives utmost priority to your privacy and follows a strict rule of No Traffic Logging. Thus, they never log your activity on the internet. No one, even from the IPVanish VPN team will ever know of what you are watching or downloading. Believe me, it is a big thing in todays scenario.
Secure Unlimited Devices with 1 IPVanish VPN Subscription. No need for separate subscriptions for separate devices.
IPVanish VPN Spring Sale
How To Install Justwatch On Your Firestick
JustWatch is one of the latest streaming apps on the rise, as its a great way to access and stream all of your favorite content from different streaming services under one roof. The following tutorial on how to install JustWatch provides all the information you need to know about this incredibly versatile service.
Basically, JustWatch brings you all of the TV shows and movies that are in your streaming apps so that you dont have to switch between different services and their operating interfaces.
This makes JustWatch an incredibly convenient solution and it saves you loads of time as well. In case youre wondering, JustWatch is a compendium of the following streaming services:
- And so much more!
Learning to how to install JustWatch will help you to incorporate this convenient service into your entertainment schedule so you can enjoy a wide variety of movie and TV show categories. There are also numerous genres and viewing options to choose from.
However, JustWatch really shines when it comes to its ease of use, with its simple and straightforward interface and virtually an endless variety of content options. This is part of the reason why JustWatch is also considered to be one of the best Firestick apps around as well.
And all you have to do in order to get access to all of this incredible goodness is to sign up for a FREE JustWatch membership, and then integrate all of your existing streaming apps into one place.
You May Like: How To Create Your Own VPN
How To Use Ipvanish VPN On Firestick TV
Step 1:;When you launch, you will see a window with a login option. I suppose you already signed up for IPVANISH if you didnt sign up. Click on it:
Now login by entering Username and Password.
Step 2:;Now Select Country, then
Step 3: Now, you have to choose the nearest server.
Step 4: Click on Connect to establish a connection.
- User-friendly apps for all of your devices
- Access to the worldâs fastest VPN
- 40,000+ shared IPs, 1000+ VPN servers in 60+ countries
- Unlimited bandwidth
Does Ipvanish Work On Firestick
The short answer is yes, it does, and theres even a dedicated app for that. However, you need to know that on 1st-gen devices, IPVanish wont communicate with FireStick properly. It is possible to install and even launch the VPN, but it wont work the way it should and may even make the streaming device unusable.
As the 1st;generation, FireStick is too slow for a VPN app , you may experience slower download speeds when trying to tunnel your traffic through IPVanish. The 2;generation FireStick was released on the 20;of October, 2016.
Recommended Reading: Why Should I Use VPN On My Iphone
No Apk Or Google Play Try Setting Up The VPN On A Wi
If you cant find a reliable APK file and dont have access to Google Play on another Android device, or if youre using the first-generation Fire TV Stick, your options are limited. There are ways to download APKs using forged device IDs from Google Play using Chrome extensions, then sideloading them with ADB, but thats more technical than were going to get in this article, not to mention you could be violating Googles terms of service using those methods.
Instead, we recommend setting up the VPN on a wi-fi router instead of the Fire TV. There are two main ways to do this: setting up a virtual router on a laptop or configuring your home wi-fi router to use a VPN. Virtual routers are easier to set up but require a laptop to route your online traffic through, so its not exactly convenient. Setting up a VPN on a physical router only works on certain router firmware and can be tricky, but is much more convenient once properly configured. Both methods work with all versions of Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV stick.
How To Use Ipvanish On Amazon Firestick
Step 1: On IPVanish homepage, enter your IPVanish login details.
Step 2: Click on Country on the menu on the left side of the country if you have any specific requirements or preferences.
Step 3:Choose any server of your choice from the available list of countries.
Step 4: Click on Connect to establish a VPN connection and enjoy streaming safely!
You May Like: How To Connect Lg TV To VPN
Top 3 Best VPNs For Firestick
Our selection of the best VPNs for streaming on Firestick is based on first-hand test results and extensive research.
IPVanish is one of the most well-known VPNs, and it was among the first VPNs to provide a specialized app, Firestick. The VPN is one of only two VPNs that own and control their own server network, making it very reliable. The VPNs network consists of 1,900+ servers spread across 75 locations and sharing 40,000+ IP addresses.
Several features make IPVanish suitable for streaming on Firestick. These include excellent speeds, choice of protocol, split tunneling, and support for torrenting. It also works with Netflix and Disney+, so you can use it to access titles that are not available in your country.
The VPN is super easy to use, and it comes with a 100% 30-day money-back guarantee on all yearly plans.
- It doesnt support Bitcoin
Owning 15 years of experience, CyberGhost has grown tremendously over the last few years, and it now offers a server network that consists of 7,300 VPN servers spread across 91 countries. But apart from that, the VPN is known for its awesome fully-featured apps.
The VPN offers features that include dedicated streaming servers, split tunneling, ad & malware blocking, multiple protocols, and a kill switch. It has an app on the Amazon App Store, and you can use it to unblock 15+ streaming services. These include Netflix , Disney+, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO Now, and Hotstar.
To Install Ipvanish VPN On Fire TV Stick Using Adblink:
- Open adbLink on your computer .
- Click the New button.
- In Description, give your Fire TV Stick a name.
- In Address, type the IP address of your Fire TV Stick that you took note of earlier.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Connect button, and you should see your Fire TV Sticks IP show in the Connected Devices box.
- Then;click the Install APK button, navigate to the IPVanish APK file you downloaded earlier and select it.
- You will see a popup asking if you really want to install the APK. ;Click Yes.
- You should see a small progress bar in the bottom right corner of the screen letting you know its working. ;It should take a minute or two, so be patient.
- When its done, youll see a popup that says Installed.
- All done! ;You should now see IPVanish VPN in the Apps section of the Fire TV home screen.
Recommended Reading: How To Add VPN To Kodi Firestick