Why Use Nordvpn To Watch Lg TV
As mentioned earlier, NordVPN is one of the quality VPNs on the market. Its loaded with key features and top-notch services that make your online experience smooth and free from geo-restrictions. Its been certified great for streaming movies, browsing and playing online games. But what makes it the best fit for watching LG TV?
A few points havebeen highlighted below that explain why NordVPN has been chosen as the best fitfor LG TV.
1. Privacy and Protection of your Online InformationNordVPN take its privacy features very seriously, its one of the best in the VPN industry. It makes use of not less than six great features to ensure that you remain safe and secure online. They include: Double VPN, Onion Over VPN, Automatic kill switch, Domain Name System leak protection, Cybersec switch, and a strict no-log policy.If you are not properly protected on the web, your browsing data can be obtained by spywares, tracking sites, etc. However, when you are on a quality VPN service such as NordVPN, you can rest easy. The Double VPN feature ensures that your data is encrypted twice so further tighten security. The Onion Over VPN feature encrypts your data and takes it through several layers of privacy via the TOR network. This way, you are sure that your data is always secure.
Cyberghost Fast And Reliable
- Fast and reliable
- Over 3,500 servers in 60 countries
- Router compatible
Providing you with both a reliable and secure connection, you can watch content on your LG Smart TV and remain protected at the same time. With second-to-none security, youre protected by an AES 256-bit encryption that major corporations and the US military use.
This VPN is fast, reliable and strong when it comes to your connection and you can be sure that when you connect CyberGhost to your router, youll have a smooth viewing experience.
Best Free VPN Trials In September 2021
- Browse hassle-free with large US server networks
- Stay safe online with excellent security features
- Connect all of your mobile devices to one account simultaneously
- Try full-featured apps for free for at least 30 days
- Try it completely risk-free
- Lightning-fast speeds for uninterrupted browsing
- Servers in 160+ locations, including the US
- Military-grade encryption for privacy online
- Compatible with PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Routers and more
Test ExpressVPNs full arsenal for a whopping 30 days without spending anything. See for yourself what this service is about. Most Popular VPN of 2021.
70% of our users choose EXPRESSVPN
- Try it completely risk-free
- Customizable, full-featured apps for iOS and Android
70% of our users choose EXPRESSVPN
- Try it free for 45 days with its money-back guarantee
- Offers servers in 91 countries, including the US
- Connect to independently operated servers for better security
- Zero-logs policy keeps your data private
- User-friendly apps for Mac, iOS, Windows, and more
One of the most secure VPNs with 256-bit encryption and a range of protocols, including OpenVPN, WireGuard, and IKev2.
- Try it free for 45 days with its money-back guarantee
- User-friendly apps for iOS and Android
- Test it out for free for 30 days
- 12480+ Servers in 78 Countries
- 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee
A user favorite that puts your privacy first with a kill switch, military-grade encryption, and a no-logs policy.
Connect up to 6 devices and enjoy secure browsing
Don’t Miss: How To Change Your Ip Without VPN
Option : Using Smartdns
Unlike a VPN, SmartDNS does not provide enhanced encryption for your internet connection. However, it does allow you to bypass simple geographical restrictions to access entertainment content irrespective of your location.
In order to use SmartDNS, you will first have to whitelist your IP address from the NordVPN account dashboard. This has to be your original IP address with the VPN service turned off. The next step is to access your Smart TVs DNS settings page , and enter the following DNS address:
Primary DNS: 126.96.36.199
Secondary DNS : 188.8.131.52
Once you confirm the newly adjusted DNS settings, you will have successfully set up NordVPNs SmartDNS service on your Smart TV. This will allow you to access a series of supported streaming services without any geographical restrictions, such as ABC Go, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus, Fox Showtime, BBC iPlayer, and Netflix Originals.
Challenges With Nordvpn And Possible Solutions
As a new subscriberto NordVPN, you may come across some challenges and complications. Thankfully,they have a standby, ever efficient customer support platform that willexpertly attend to your dilemmas. However, for the purpose of saving time andenergy, here is a list of some of the most common ones:
Don’t Miss: Can You Get VPN On Apple TV
Connecting Your Smart TV To A Windows Pc With A VPN
Even though this method technically doesnt involve setting up a VPN on your smart TV, youre still connecting to one, with all the advantages this brings. This is accomplished by installing a VPN on your Windows PC and subsequently connecting your smart TV to your PC, by turning your PC into a mobile hot spot. As such, your smart TV is connected to the same WiFi or broadband network as your PC, thus making use of the same VPN connection. Please note you do need to have Windows 10 installed on your PC for this method to work. Read our short and simple step-by-step guide down below to use this method.
How To Change Your Webos Region
Please note that the above steps are not enough to access LG Smart TVs entire supply of apps. To do so, you still need to change your webOS region. Just remember to set up a Smart DNS proxy first.
Heres how you can switch webOS regions:
Read Also: Can I Use VPN On My Smart TV
Option : Download Kodi On Lg Smart TV Models With Chromecast
Youll need an Android phone to take this option. If youve got one, follow these simple steps to get started:
1. Have your smart TV and smartphone both connected to the same network. 2. Download Kodi and install it onto your Android-enabled smartphone, so that you can play it on your TV. 3. Once youve installed Kodi, install Chromecast onto the same phone, again using the Google Play Store. 4. Install it by going to Google Play, searching for the Google Home App and selecting install. Wait a few minutes until it has finished. 5. Then, pair Google Chromecast with your LG smart TV. Do this by going to the Google Home App and selecting Cast Screen / Audio. This will allow the casting to begin so that you can start to use Kodi on your LG Smart TV.
Casting From Another Device
Your Smart TV may also support casting content. In that case, you dont have to install the NordVPN Smart TV app or any other VPN app on your TV. When you choose to cast content, you need to keep your device close to the TV. Ensure you have a VPN on the device youre casting from.
This idea works great for TVs that prevent you from installing VPN on your Smart TV. Even if you have one on your Smart TV, it only acts as an external screen, so you need to secure your source.
You could opt for a service that supports multiple simultaneous connections like Surfshark to protect all your devices. With this, you can switch from your Android smartphone to a tablet if you want to enjoy a better streaming experience.
Read Also: Does Mcafee Livesafe Have VPN
How To Set Up An Lg TV VPN With Android
Installing a VPN is simple if you have access to the Google Play Store on your LG TV. All you have to do is follow the steps below:
Via Network Connection Sharing
Note: This method works for users of PC on Windows 10
Also Check: How To Create Your Own VPN
How Do I Set Up Nordvpn On My Lg TV
Follow the steps below to set up NordVPN on LG TV through a physical router:
- First, you need to check whether NordVPN supports the router you use. to check whether NordVPN offers compatibility to your physical router.
- After youve verified that your router is VPN-compatible, you need to open the admin page of your router and log in to it using the IP address present at the back of your router.
- Visit the admin section after signing in to your account.
- Choose a router file that you desire to be uploaded on your router after selecting Firmware Upgrade.;Wait for your router to get updated.
- Once youre done, you can install NordVPN on your router and connect your LG TV to it.
- To install NordVPN on a router, check out our NordVPN router guide.
What Is The Best VPN For Lg Smart TVs
- LG Smart TV facts and figures
- LG Smart TV and VPNs
- Set up Smart DNS on your smart TV
- Install a VPN on your router
- Best VPN for LG Smart TV
Its amazing how smart technology has become an essential part of our daily lives, from devices like smartphones, smartwatches, and smart TVs to entire households like smart homes. We were all going about just fine without this technology ten years ago, but now, we cant live without it.
Smart devices help us stay connected to the Internet and each other at all times, whether at home or on the go. Smart TVs, for example, brought a whole new level of entertainment and functionality, thanks to dedicated apps and Internet access. That allowed users to access streaming platforms like Netflix, easily and swiftly.
And the LG Smart TV is among the most popular devices in the industry, along with Samsung and Sony. And just like its peers, it offers a wide variety of apps and services. However, these platforms are subject to geo-blocking, which means LG has different catalogs for each region. But with the right VPN, youll be able to access any LG content you want from anywhere.
Don’t Miss: Why Should I Use VPN On My Iphone
How We Rate Our VPNs
To figure out which VPNs are worth your money, we looked at what each VPN offers, starting with features.
When using a VPN, your priority should be security. That’s why we chose VPNs that have military-grade encryption, a range of protocols , DNS leak protection, and a kill-switch. We also looked at the number of servers and locations, and we tested each VPN for speed.
We then tested each VPN’s ease-of-use, from downloading and installing the software to connecting to the right server. Customer support is also a crucial aspect, so we examined each VPN’s availability, what forms of contact are available, and how efficient their support team is. We compared all of that to the price to see if it was worthwhile or not. Last but not least, we analyzed our users’ reviews, both the positive and the negative.
Option : Install Expressvpn On Your Smart TV Directly
Installing the ExpressVPN app onto your Smart TV is by far the simplest way, but unfortunately, this method is only available for Smart TVs running an Android-based OS. Only certain brands like Sony and Panasonic come with Android TV, while others like Samsung and LG use their own custom-made OS.
If you own an Android TV, all you have to do is visit the Google Play Store on your TV and search for ExpressVPN. Then install the app and sign in using your ExpressVPN account. Once thats done, you can easily follow the on-screen prompts to connect to a secure server of your choosing. If you dont have a Smart TV thats running Android OS, you can still use one of the other methods mentioned below.
- Check out our top five Android VPN services
Read Also: How To Connect Lg TV To VPN
How To Install A VPN On Most Smart TVs
Newer Smart TVs tend to use Android, which makes installing a VPN very simple. In fact, the process is essentially the same as installing an app on your phone or tablet.
Heres how to set-up a VPN for a Smart TV:
Lg TV Difference Vs Other Smart TV
All major TV manufacturers are now switching towards Smart TVs, but the LG version is quite different from other mainstream competitor offerings. Why? Because the LG smart TV doesnt use Android for its operating system and instead uses WebOS. Not to worry although the different OS makes it slightly more complicated to install applications such as Kodi, the steps to follow are quite simple and there are different potential routes that you can take.
Also Check: How To Add VPN To Kodi Firestick
Casting From A Different Device
With a smart TV it is also possible to cast content from another device to the smart TV. When you do this you must consider a few things. You will always need your other device nearby and if you switch between devices like your smartphone and tablet, you need to install a VPN on both of them. Moreover, the device you cast with will be protected with the VPN but your smart TV will not be protected. You only use the smart TV as an external screen for your other device.
Can I Install Kodi On Lg 4k Smart TV Models
Yes, absolutely. You can do this via your Android TV box and its easy to do. Simply:
1. Connect your LG 4K Smart TV to your Android TV box 2. Open Google Play in the Android TV box and look for the Kodi app. Install it. 3. The app will then automatically install to the Android TV box. 4. Simply open it and then use it to start checking out your chosen content on your LG 4K.
You May Like: How To Setup VPN On Spectrum Router
How To Install VPN On Lg Smart TV Wrap Up
As aforementioned, there is no way to directly install VPN on LG Smart TVs. However, the two workarounds weve suggested above should suffice in case you are looking for a way to get access to your favorite streaming content, even if you are currently living in a region where these streaming apps are geo-restricted.
Best VPN for LG TV
Description: ExpressVPN are only two VPNs we are aware of that offer Smart DNS which works flawlessly on LG Smart TVs. ExpressVPN also have a 30-day money-back guarantee. So there’s no risk involved in trying them out.