Your Best VPN For Lg Smart TV
With over 7300 VPN servers in 91 countries, we always give you plenty of options.
We also have dedicated streaming servers for other platforms like Disney+, , or Crunchyroll, among many other international streaming sites. Get ready for smooth connections, no buffering, unlimited bandwidth, and fast speeds.
And the best part? You can stream on up to seven devices at the same with just one CyberGhost VPN subscription. Youll only have to worry about sorting out your must-watch list.
Why Do You Need A VPN On Lg Smart TVs
Smart TV apps, like most streaming apps, have a great limitation that can be annoying sometimes: They are available in only certain countries.
Most popular streaming sites like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and Disney+ are geo-restricted. Meaning, you will either get access to a content library available in your region or get zero access if the streaming app has not launched in your country yet. However, with a VPN, you can change your virtual location and your favourite movies and tv shows from anywhere in the world. A VPN will mask your location and let you take full advantage of a Smart TV by giving you access to restricted apps.
It would be best to think about getting a VPN for LG TVs because these TVs are not sufficiently secure from potential hacking attempts. VPNs can enhance the overall security of your TV through sophisticated encryption methods.
Now that we have settled why VPN is a valuable addition to your smart TV lets take a look at some specific VPN providers you should consider acquiring.
Setting Up Your Hostname On The VPN
9. Make an ExpressVPN subscription.
10. Sign in to your account and open the Dashboard on the left side, then select DNS Settings.
11. Click Dynamic DNS Registration and input your hostname and click Save Hostname.
A notification will inform you that your hostname has been updated.
Note that it can take up to 10 minutes for ExpressVPN to detect the IP change. So you might have to wait for a little, but stay signed in to your account.
Read Also: How To Setup VPN On Att Uverse Router
How To Set Up A VPN On Lg Smart TV With A Router
While VPNs dont support LGs WebOS operating system, you can still connect your LG smart TV with a router. If you already own one, you should check if that particular VPN supports it. If you have either DD-WRT or Tomato, you will likely have no trouble with the installation.
If you dont have a router yet, one of the options is buying a pre-configured one from the VPN provider or FlashRouters. And when you finally get one, you only have to follow these steps:
If you have trouble setting up a VPN on your router, dont hesitate to contact customer support. The best VPNs for LG devices have a 24/7 live chat. If the router is working fine, but your TV wont connect, consider getting help from LG.
Setup Kodi On Apple TV
If you cant find Kodi on the Apple TV store app, you can install it via Cydia Impactor. Its a third-party application that lets you download apps that are not available in Native App Stores. But first, you need to download a reliable VPN app such as ExpressVPN on your Apple TV to begin the Kodi installation process. Heres how:
Also Check: How To Use 911 VPN
Why Use A VPN For Lg Smart TV
LG Smart TVs dont allow direct VPN installation, but you can install an LG TV VPN directly on the router, covering all devices that connect to your local wifi network. Some VPN providers also offer a Smart DNS feature, unblocking geo-restricted content without additional encryption. Theres also a third option sharing a VPN connection from your Windows or Mac computer.
Before you select one of the methods mentioned above, its important to understand the benefits of a VPN on LG smart TV, one of which is an encrypted connection. Service providers and app platforms can limit what people can see and do. Content can also be limited to a certain geographical area. Since VPNs allow people to use a different IP address, users can enjoy content from all over the world.
Where Can You Get A Pre
Most VPNs can be purchased pre-flashed onto a router at the third-party vendor Flashrouters . The advantage of using a flashed router is that it automatically uses the VPN service no matter what device you connect to your WiFi network. It can also help with reducing the number of network cables you use and make it so that you dont have to play around with your computer network settings. It also doesnt matter if your computer isnt close to your SmartTV.
You May Like: How To Setup VPN On Fios Quantum Router
Insert Smartdns On Lg TV
Setting up DNS on LG smart TVs is simple:
- Press the menu button on your remote control
- move with the arrows to the option Network and select it
- choose the method through which your TV is connected, it can be the Ethernet or WiFi network
- go down and press the red Edit button
- remove the check next to the item Set Automatically
- at this point go down to the item DNS press and enter the DNS address 1 provided on the Surfshark website
- at this point, you can press on Connect to unlock the contents.
Configure Surfshark Smart Dns On Samsung TV
Even in the case of Samsung brand Smart TVs it is simple:
- Press the menu button on your remote control
- move with the arrows to the General option and select it with the OK button on the remote control
- choose the Network item and then press on Network status
- at the bottom of the screen that opens, press the Settings button. IP
- go to Settings DNS press and choose Enter manually
- at this point go down to the item DNS Server press and enter the DNS address 1 provided on the Surfshark website
- at this point, you can press on Connect to unlock the contents of the US services also on your Samsung smart TV.
Also Check: Nordvpn On Samsung TV
How To Set Up A VPN On Lg Smart TV With A Mac Computer
If you have a Mac at home, you can share its VPN connection with your LG smart TV. Heres the step-by-step guide:
How To Enable VPN On Lg Smart TV Via Router
If you want to stick to a VPN due to its superior online security features, you can set up the VPN connection on your router instead. That way, all the devices you connect to that router, including the Smart TV, of course, will get to share its VPN connection. There are a couple of points you should be aware of though. First, not all VPN routers are VPN compatible. For more info on how to setup VPN on your router, check this guide. You should also know that installing VPN on a router does take some technical know-how and therefore isnt for everybody. The benefits you get out of it though are huge.
Also Check: Why Does VPN Show Up On My Iphone
Option : Install Expressvpn On Your Smart TV Directly
Installing the ExpressVPN app onto your Smart TV is by far the simplest way, but unfortunately, this method is only available for Smart TVs running an Android-based OS. Only certain brands like Sony and Panasonic come with Android TV, while others like Samsung and LG use their own custom-made OS.
If you own an Android TV, all you have to do is visit the Google Play Store on your TV and search for ExpressVPN. Then install the app and sign in using your ExpressVPN account. Once thats done, you can easily follow the on-screen prompts to connect to a secure server of your choosing. If you dont have a Smart TV thats running Android OS, you can still use one of the other methods mentioned below.
- Check out our top five Android VPN services
If Youd Like To Use An Ethernet Cable Instead Follow These Steps:
1. Make sure your computer isnt connected to ExpressVPN yet.
2. Click the network icon in the menu tray and scroll through to Network and Sharing Center. Then select Open Network and Sharing Center.
3. Select Change adapter options.
4. Click TAP-Win32 Adaptor V9 , then select Properties.
5. Select the Sharing option and tick the Allow other network users to connect through this computers Internet connection box.
6. Select the name of your Ethernet connection port name and click OK.
7. Connect your LG TV to your Windows PC using an Ethernet Cable.
8. Finally, you can now connect your PC to ExpressVPN via the app.
That process works very fine, and you can get it all done in just a few minutes. It saves you a lot of money because you dont need to buy any extra accessories aside from what you have already.
Don’t Miss: Do VPNs Work For Pokemon Go
S To Setup VPN Connection On Lg Smart TV:
- Click on Properties
- Select Allow other network users to connect through this computers internet connection
- Under the Home Networking Connection, select Local Area Connection from the drop down menu.
- Note: Ensure the options Establish a dial up connection and Allow other network users to control is unmarked
- Make sure Establish a dial up connection is not marked and Allow other network users to control is also unmarked
Switch on your LG Smart TV. Some LG Smart TVs will need a LAN Adapter in order to connect to laptop for a cross-over Ethernet cable connection.
- On your LG Smart TV remote control, press Home button
- Using the directional buttons on the remote, navigate to Settings
- In the Settings Menu, select Network connection
- In the next window, click on Start Connection
- In the next window, select Wired Network
- Press Enter
- In the IP Mode, select Dynamic
- Select OK and press Enter to apply network settings
- The Smart TV will ask you to test the connection
- Select OK and press Enter to complete the wired connection settings
How To Share VPN Connection Over Wifi Via Your Macbook
If you are a MacBook owner, you can easily setup a virtual hotspot manually. As a result, your MacBook will be turned into a router and all your internet traffic will be rerouted through it. All you have to do is to use the Network Sharing on Mac.
You can share internet on your Mac in the following way:
- Configure connection to a VPN server via L2TP/IPSec protocol
- Enable Internet Sharing itself
Thats it! Check out our detailed manual and share VPN connection with WiFi using Mac yourselves now.
Read Also: Best Free VPN For Xbox One
Easy Setup Within A Minute
Get ZenMate1 minute setupYou’re secure!
Ensure your Security
We have this wild guess that youre a person who regularly connects to the internet – with or without your Smart TV. And with a few moralizing undertones , were telling you that online security should, therefore, be an absolute priority for you. This isnt just nerdy tech paranoia. Your private information and online activities could be exposed. Connecting to ZenMate VPN will ensure your online security with the performance or a nerdy tech product, just super easy to use. You can turn your Smart TV and all your other devices from vulnerable to protected with just one click. So dont take any chances: Gather all those little robots around you now and shield them from security threats!
Protect your Privacy
You hear it all the time: Big Brother is watching you . The internet has turned the modern world into an Orwellian dystopia and anonymity online is a myth at best. Government agencies and ISPs collect your personal information, advertisers and hackers are snooping on you. But you can fight back and protect your privacy when using your Smart TV! Connecting to our ZenMate VPN servers is like strolling around the web in a designer invisibility cloak. ZenMate guarantees that your private data remains private. Cut the whole mob thats preying on you off when connecting your Smart TV. This way you can use the internet as a product and not be the product.
47,658,400 USERS WORLDWIDE
Why Do You Need A VPN For Smart TV
VPN services are built to deliver security and anonymity to users connected to the Internet space. Today, the Internet has been bogged down to the extent that we now have issues like lack of freedom, censorship, illegal surveillance, throttling and more.
A VPN is the only tool available that lets users overcome these issues and use the Internet as they see fit. That being said, one of the most common use of VPNs is bypassing geo-restrictions on streaming services.
You May Like: Amazon.com Blocking VPN
Using A VPN On Your Smart TV Via Your Router
A VPN on your router will encrypt and protect your entire home Wi-FI network, covering all the devices that connect to it. This includes not only your smart TV, but also all your computers, mobile devices, gaming consoles , and other IoT devices. Heres how to get one going:
How To Install And Use VPN Unlimited For Smart TV
Being a smart TV owner you definitely want to enjoy all of its features and potentials. However, lots of popular video channels and websites can be blocked in your region because of geo-restrictions. In such a case, KeepSolid VPN Unlimited is here to save your day. Download our best smart TV VPN and stream without restrictions now.
- Access any video content you want in HD-quality
- 7-day FREE trial
- No CC required
Recommended Reading: Does VPN Work With Cellular Data
How To Set Up A VPN On A Smart TV With Google Play
If your SmartTV can access Google play, or you have an Android TV box, you can easily setup your Android TV VPN by following these steps:
Purchase a VPN subscription.
We recommend the 5 best VPNs for Smart TV’s listed at the bottom of this article.
An Android VPN client will be provided to you by your provider in the form of a .APK file.
Log in using your credentials.
These will be the ones you set up when subscribing to your VPN.
Run the app on your Smart TV and connect to a server.
Via Network Connection Sharing
Note: This method works for users of PC on Windows 10
Don’t Miss: How To Disable My VPN
Unlock & Enjoy True Smart TV Experience With A VPN
Smart TVs are built to give you the convenience of enjoying Internet from your couch or your bed, for that matter. But the lack of freedom on the Internet to enjoy the content of your choice defeats the very purpose of that convenience.
Therefore, get a VPN for Smart TV today and unlock the true freedom of the Internet!
Join 600k+ Newsletter Subscribers