Ipvanish VPN 24/7 Live Support
IPVanish provides 24/7 live support through their Website if you have questions about your account, pricing, or technical support.
You will see a Help button in the navigation bar at the top of the IPVanish VPN Website. Click that!
Read more about IPVanish VPN through our in-depth review which you will find below.
Use Streaming Apps Freely
Besides unlocking geo-restricted services, using a VPN gives you the confidence to use streaming apps without worries your internet traffic is not accessible by prying eyes. You might not know what sources your Apps are streaming from so, one of them might give you access to copyrighted or pirated content. To be on the safe side, use a VPN and stay undetected when streaming content on your Firestick & Fire TV devices.
Can I Use Surfshark On A First
Its a fact that VPNs dont support first-generation Firestick devices. However, there are always other methods to get started with the app. There are 2 ways where you can use the Surfshark app on your 1st generation device. They are:
- Since most laptops and desktops come with the option of creating a Hotspot shield, which is VPN protected. You can use that connection to connect to multiple devices, including the First-generation Fire TV stick device.
Recommended Reading: How To Setup VPN On Att Uverse Router
Do You Need A VPN On Fire Stick
If you’ve got a Fire Stick as your way to access the wonderful world of online entertainment then you’ll likely be on the lookout for a Fire Stick VPN. Well, you’re here, so that’s a given really. The key is finding the best VPN, as that could be the difference between it working and, to be blunt, failure.
Yup, since not all VPNs are created equal, many will simply be unable to work on a Fire Stick. So picking the right one is important, and coming here means you don’t need to worry as we’ve done the work for you.
A VPN will allow you to appear to be somewhere you’re not, using different servers to bounce your IP about. This means you can get around geo-restricted content to watch things like US Netflix when in the UK, ideal for holiday trips. It will also keep you anonymous and secure when online.
Our favourite is ExpressVPN because it does all of the above, does it well, and works on Fire Stick specifically. So when can you best use a VPN on your Fire Stick?
The Best Amazon Fire TV Stick VPN 2021
Make your Amazon Fire TV Stick even handier with a VPN
Amazon Fire Stick users reading this article won’t need us to explain what a handy little bit of kit they are – providing a platform to watch all your favorite networks and streaming services at home and wherever you go. And when you combine your Fire TV Stick with a VPN, it only gets more useful!
As well as keeping all your data secure, Fire TV VPNs also let you transport your IP address somewhere completely different. Thats particularly handy if you pop your Fire Stick in your luggage when you go on holiday or away on business. Having an Amazon Fire TV Stick VPN downloaded means that you can instantly stream away just like you were back at home, no matter how many thousands of miles away you are.
Similarly, if you know theres a show or sport being broadcast somewhere else in the world but your country hasnt picked it up, your VPN can help you change your IP to one of those countries and watch as if you were there. So an Amazon Fire Stick VPN is a great way to supercharge your device but which should you get?
Don’t Miss: How To Use 911 Proxy On Iphone
How Do I Set Up A Free VPN On My Firestick
Its actually really easy to set up a free VPN on your Fire TV Stick, as long as the VPN service has a native app for the streaming platform.
You can download Windscribe or Hide.me directly onto your Firestick from the in just a few clicks.
Simply search for the VPN on your Fire TV Stick, download it, install it, and connect! This is the best option for VPN newbies.
But what about VPN services that dont have a Fire TV Stick app?
Its still possible to use these VPNs on your Fire TV Stick, but it wont be as simple.
Your first option is to side load the VPNs Android app using an APK file. Thats if they have one.
Or, you can set the VPN up on your router and connect your Fire TV device to it. This way your internet traffic will flow through the VPN tunnel.
How To Choose A VPN For Firestick
Choosing a VPN for the Fire TV Stick is easier than you think. If youre not comfortable picking one of the services I talked about earlier, its important to consider a few things.
- Topnotch Security The service you pick must have all the latest security features like a network thats RAM-based and WireGuard support. It must also utilize AES 256-bit encryption and have a flawless track record.
- Unblocking Capabilities Not all VPNs can bypass the geoblocks of popular streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer. Due to that, you must check reviews to see if the service you plan on getting is capable.
- Speed With a fast VPN, youll be able to watch titles without buffering and issues with quality. It shall also be possible to download apps and other content in absolutely no time. Furthermore, you will also get to have a seamless browsing experience.
- Works In China The Great Firewall of China is a massive obstacle that only the best VPNs can overcome. Although you dont plan on going to the country, it would be nice for you to have the necessary tool to access the global internet there.
- User-Friendly Apps You should get a VPN service that boasts an easy-to-use app for Firestick and other platforms. It also must have an interface thats pleasing to your eyes.
Read Also: How To Change VPN For Pokemon Go
Should I Leave My VPN On All The Time
When you have a VPN, you may start asking yourself, should I leave my VPN on all the time? Ill try to answer that question as thoroughly as possible because the short answer to that question is it depends, which isnt very informative.
VPNs have various use-cases, such as getting around geographical restrictions, securing your online activities, or protecting your privacy. Most of the time, a VPN can stay on, and it wont inconvenience you in any way. But on rare occasions, its recommended to disconnect your VPN to avoid unnecessary troubles.
Fastest Free VPN For Firestick Speedify
- Dedicated FireStick app
- 2 GB free data per month
- Allows torrenting
- Works with HBO, YouTube, Kodi, and more
- Compatible with iOS, macOS, Android, Windows, browsers, and more
Speedify is the fastest free VPN for FireStick. It is an excellent choice for FireStick, especially if your top priority is speed. Unlike other free VPNs, this VPN is all about speed and maximum performance.
Speedify offers high-speed connection by distributing your online traffic across multiple connections, ranging up to 10. This is called Channel bonding that gives maximum bandwidth to the VPN user. It combines your Wi-Fi with cellular data to maximize your speeds.
Its free plan offers 2GB data per month that can be used on 1 device only, but the good thing is that you dont need to create an account to get started.
Additionally, the free Speedify plan offers limited server access to its users. Speedify also offers a streaming feature for unblocking popular sites like the BBC iPlayer, US Netflix, etc. on FireStick.
Speedify offers 256-bit AES encryption and IP leak protection. The provider does log information like timestamps, length of the VPN connection, and more.
To learn more about this VPN, read our Speedify review.
Also Check: Expressvpn Lg Smart TV
How To Test VPN Is Working On Firestick & Android TV
After you have installed and activated a VPN on your Firestick or Android Box, you may wonder how you can test to ensure that the service is working properly. This is simple!
Follow the quick steps below to test out your VPN connection.
1. Click the Connect button within the IPVanish Fire TV/Firestick VPN to activate a secure connection
2. Install the for free on your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick through the Amazon App Store
3. Launch the Silk Browser
4. Click the search bar on top
5. Within the address bar of the browser, type the following address dnsleaktest.com and click Go
6. Thats it! You can now see your IP Address has changed after connecting to IPVanish VPN
Another useful tool to ensure your VPN is always connected is by using an application called VPNSafetyDot.
This is a VPN kill switch alternative that works perfectly on the Firestick/Fire TV. This will grant peace of mind whenever streaming on your device.
Use the link below to install this VPN Kill Switch Alternative on your preferred device:
VPN Kill Switch Alternative Installation Guide
Protonvpn Slow Speeds And Average Performance
ProtonVPN is a totally free VPN for FireStick. The provider does not enforce any bandwidth limitations and thus has no data caps, making it unlimited. However, it does not have a dedicated free VPN app for FireStick. Instead, users must sideload it on their device or connect it via a router, which can be quite inconvenient.
Like most free providers, ProtonVPN is not compatible with popular streaming services, including Netflix and BBC iPlayer. So, this VPN is pretty much useless for your FireStick streaming needs.
Therefore, ProtonVPN is not recommended if you want to unblock streaming apps on Fire TV. If youre looking to using their premium features, they also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee so that you can use the paid version for free for 30 days.
For more information, check out our ProtonVPN review.
You May Like: Spectrum VPN Router
Why Do I Need A VPN
If youre just streaming basic content on your Fire Stickthink Amazon Prime Video or Huluyou probably dont. Though having a VPN on is very rarely the wrong choice, the privacy it adds to your device isnt needed to enjoy your favorite services regularly. And although we also say that the less information you give internet service providers and online companies, the better, the truth is that a VPN wont be right for everyone.
However, if youve found your way to this page, its probably because youre using your Fire Stick for something that isnt a standard application available through the Amazon Appstore. Be it basic piracy apps like Showbox or Terrarium TV, or more complicated applications like Kodi, which allow you to fully load your Fire Stick with a new interface, along with thousands of applications and add-ons to completely change how you watch movies forever. These systems are easy to set up and use, but theres a big reason why people turn away from them: they arent entirely legal.
While thousands of users get away with consuming pirated content on the internet every day, its important to keep in mind that not everyone gets away with piracy. If youre caught by your ISP, you can land yourself in some hot water, including losing access to your internet or even facing major fines from groups like the MPAA.
Install VPN For Android TV Box
If you have an Android TV Box such as NVIDIA SHIELD, MECOOL, or other stock Android Box, we can easily install IPVanish as well.
Use the guide below to install VPN for Android via the Google Play Store on your preferred Android device.
1. On the home screen of your Android TV Box, select the Google Play Store icon.
- Note: You will need to create a free if you dont already have one so you are able to download apps from the Google Play Store.
2. After launching the Google Play Store click the search box on the top of your screen.
3. Type ipvanish in the search bar.
4. Then click Install.
5. Wait a few seconds for the IPVanish VPN application to install.
6. Once IPVanish VPN has installed on your Android TV Box, return to the home screen and select Applications towards the bottom.
7. Locate IPVanish VPN within your Applications and click the icon to launch.
8. Next login to IPVanish with your registered username and password.
9. When logging in for the first time on your device you will be prompted with a tutorial message. Feel free to view the tutorial, but we just chose Skip.
10. You will then be redirected to the IPVanish VPN interface. Select Quick Connect.
11. To connect your VPN simply click the CONNECT button.
- You will also notice the three options below CONNECT. I suggest leaving those options to default, as this will ensure you are connected to the fastest IPVanish server near your location.
12. When this message appears click OK.
Also Check: VPN For Console
Reason #2 Be Anonymous At Whatever You Do Online
If youre streaming free on Kodi, then do it with complete anonymity. If youre browsing the internet, then do it with complete privacy.
In short, why would anyone know what you are doing over the internet? Thats right! Take control of your online privacy and remain completely anonymous over the internet.
Whether it be your mobile, computer, or gaming consoles, VPN has got you covered. Surfshark VPN has apps for all devices and platforms.
General Firestick VPN Troubleshooting Tips
Most of you will never need these, but just in case TROYPOINT has you covered.
- If your IPVanish Firestick/Fire TV/Fire TV Cube VPN application is not connecting, go into Settings / VPN Protocol and change to OpenVPN or OpenVPN , whichever one isnt currently active
- Restart both your Fire TV/Stick and router by unplugging from power, let sit for a minute and then plug back in.
- If your download speed seems slow or you are experiencing buffering, choose a different server, close to where you are located within the VPN application. Keep in mind that there are multiple servers available for each location and you can try each of them to see which provides better results.
- Uninstall the IPVanish VPN app on the Fire TV or Fire TV Stick by going into Settings / Applications / Manage Applications / IPVanish and then click uninstall. After you have removed the VPN, reinstall with the guide above.
- If the IPVanish application doesnt appear in Amazon App Store on your device, follow the screenshot guide above for installing through the Downloader app.
- If you forgot or lost your IPVanish password, you can reset it by clicking the Forgot Password link within the login area on the IPVanish Website.
- No VPN will work on the 1st Generation Firestick due to low processing power.
- If you need help with something, send IPVanish an email at and include TROYPOINT in the subject line for an expedited reply.
Don’t Miss: How To Use 911 VPN On Macbook
How To Use Surfshark On Firestick
Its extremely easy to install and use Surfshark on Firestick, which is why its one of the best.
All you have to do is:
- and Install the app.
- Sign in to your Surfshark account using the same email and password you used to subscribe to the VPN.
- Connect to the best server depending on your physical location or depending on the streaming service youre trying to unblock. Or just click on the Quick connect button.
- Youll then receive a pop-up icon that will ask you to accept the connection request.
- This will allow the app to connect to the best server. Like so:
And thats about it!
What Is A VPN And Why Would You Use One On A Fire Stick
A VPN, or virtual private network, is a service which gives you a ‘false’ IP address when online. This makes you appear to be where that server is based. That means you can not only get access to geo-restricted content but you are also kept hidden and anonymous.
For streaming this means you can watch US Netflix shows when in the UK. Or any other location combination you can think of, presuming the VPN you use has servers in that country.
You May Like: Free VPN Xbox One
Things To Remember When Updating Firestick Device
Before you start updating your Fire Stick device, you must have a stable internet connection.
Without the internet, the downloading wont start. If theres a problem with your Wi-Fi, you can connect an Ethernet cable directly to the device.
If the problem persists, Amazon recommends you restart the device by pressing the Middle button and the Play/Pause button at the same time for at least 5 seconds.
It is recommended every time the device gets stuck or frozen by any chance.
Once you are done updating, dont forget to download the best FireStick apps that stream movies and TV shows, especially .
With that, you will need to get the Fire TV Stick VPN apps to remain anonymous. Even you can follow the guide of how to setup NordVPN on Firestick, ExpressVPN on firestick, and Surfshark on Firestick. It just that easy.
How To Get Started With A VPN App For Fire Os
Trust us its unbelievably easy to get started with a VPN on your Fire Stick. However, to make this process as simple as possible, we recommend using a VPN with a native Fire OS app which shouldnt be hard to find.
To give you an idea of what to expect, heres a short overview of how to get started with VPNs on Amazons media streaming devices:
- Visit the Amazon App Store on your Fire OS device.
- Use the search functionality to look for the VPN youve decided to use.
- the app from the App Store this takes only a few moments of your time.
- Now, the VPN will act as yet another Fire OS app. Go ahead and open it.
- The first time you open it, youll need to supply your credentials.
- From this moment on, you can connect to any server at any time.
- Feel free to return to Fire OS Home Screen, and pick any streaming app.
- Youll see that what was previously blocked now works with no issues.
Don’t Miss: Fastest VPN For Android