Can You Get A VPN For One Month
Absolutely! Plenty of VPNs, including all of the services listed above allow customers to subscribe for one month at a time.
There are plenty of reasons why a person would want to do this, of course:
- To save money VPNs shout from the rooftops about how much money you’ll save if you jump into the deep end and commit to a 24-month plan, but you’re usually expected to cough up a few hundred dollars on the spot. Who has that sort of money lying around?!
- To avoid commitment A 24-month, 12-month, or even a 6-month VPN subscription is a pretty hefty commitment. Financial situations can change, tech can evolve, and new competitors can emerge, and it can all happen quickly. You can be a free agent with a one-month subscription.
- To unblock content on vacation You might not need a VPN in your day-to-day life, but you might also be interested in their benefits if you’re planning a long stay abroad or a series of trips. A VPN can make sure you don’t miss any new episodes of that series you like as they’re released back in your home country, and bypass strict censorship laws in conservative countries.
All in all, we’re glad that the majority of VPN providers offer one-month subscriptions. You’ll find them on the service’s pricing page just remember that if you do decide to stick with the VPN for more than a month, it works out cheaper in the long run to commit to a lengthier plan.
Simple Techniques To Hide Your Ip Address
Your IP address is similar to a mailing address in the sense that people can look at it and see where you are located. Unlike a mailing address, it wont give away exactly where your house is, but it will pin it down to a general geographical area. Your ISP can use it to track what websites youve been to and throttle your internet speeds. Government agencies can demand this information from the ISP and use it in an investigation or just to build a profile on you.
So wouldnt it be nice to throw everyone off the scent with a fake IP Address while you enjoy freedom online?
Is There A 7
Yes, ExpressVPN offers a 7-day trial available on mobile devices. That means you can get ExpressVPN’s trial on iOS/iPadOS and Android.
When it comes to other platforms and devices, ExpressVPN offers 30-day money-back guarantee, with no questions asked. So, no matter how you decide to proceed, this VPN comes as a risk-free purchase.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Your VPN Undetectable
What’s The Difference Between A 7
A 7-day VPN trial lets you test-drive your chosen VPN without paying anything. However, that’s not the case with 30-day money-back guarantees, which kick in after you pay.
So, it all comes down to whether you’re willing to pay from the get-go or if you’d like to test your chosen VPN without paying anything upfront. In that sense, both of those are risk-free options, but using a 7-day free VPN trial does appear to be a more attractive option for most users.
Also, when it comes to money-back guarantees, make sure to read the fine print. Reputable VPNs come with 30-day ‘no questions asked’ guarantees, which means you reserve every right to change your mind and get your money back.
How To Get A Nordvpn Free Trial
NordVPN offers a seven-day free trial for Android devices, and a 30-day money-back guarantee on all other devices, including Windows, macOS, and iOS.
To get a NordVPN free trial on all devices, subscribe to NordVPN via its website and cancel within 30 days. This can be done by simply contacting customer support.
There are no exceptions to its refund policy as long as you request it within 30 days.
NordVPN once offered a genuine free trial on all platforms, but discontinued it after citing abuse of the service.
The company has reintroduced a seven-day free trial on Android via the Play Store. To use this, directly from the Play Store.
Once installed, youll be asked to create an account and insert your payment details. NordVPN will charge a subscription fee after seven days unless you cancel.
If you forget to cancel, or want to continue with a premium subscription, youre still eligible to claim NordVPNs 30-day money-back guarantee.
We recommend subscribing to the full VPN and taking advantage of the money-back guarantee, since you need to cancel your subscription no matter what.
or read our full NordVPN Review.
Don’t Miss: VPN Safety Dot For Android
Why Use A VPN With A Free Trial
When it comes to free 7-day trial VPNs, you can think of them as a foolproof way to test something before you commit to a long-term relationship.
As you visit sites, trackers watch what you do and send that data back to their owners. The best way to fight against tracking is by using a VPN. However, you’ll want to make a smart move and buy a VPN subscription that’s worth your money, which is where VPN trials come into play.
To learn more about VPN services, we recommend reading our article on how VPNs work and what VPNs are, in the first place.
How To Choose The Best VPN Free Trial In 202:
- No limitations. The free trial should provide you with access to all of the features so that you can fully test the VPN service to make sure its right for you. ExpressVPNs trial, which is my top pick, gives you access to all of its iOS and Android features.
- Reasonable trial period. The trial should let you access the VPN service for at least 24 hours, allowing you enough time to test the service .
- Money-back guarantee. If you upgrade to a paid subscription after the trial expires, your purchase should be covered by a money-back guarantee in case you still later decide you dont want the VPN. All of the VPNs on my list back their plans with a money-back guarantee.
- Strong security. I only recommend VPN free trials that provide access to strong encryption ciphers , a kill switch , a no-logs policy , and protection against DNS, IPv6, or WebRTC leaks.
- Good value. All the VPN free trials on my list provide access to VPN services that allow multiple simultaneous connections , provide access to extra features like split-tunneling, obfuscation, or an ad blocker, have fast speeds , and work with top streaming sites or provide good P2P support.
Recommended Reading: Best VPN For Torrenting Free Trial
Top Brands That Didnt Make The Cut
- AirVPN. This VPN provides a free 3-day trial, but you need to ask for it via its contact form, which is inconvenient. Also, AirVPN doesnt provide great value since its not good for streaming, its complicated to use, and it has slow speeds on distant servers.
- HMA VPN. This provider comes with a free 7-day trial on mobile that requires credit card details. While HMA VPN is secure and easy to use, it doesnt work with top streaming sites like Netflix and Hulu, has really bad customer support, and its quick-connect feature is buggy.
- PureVPN. PureVPN has a 7-day trial, but it costs a small fee. And while this VPN is secure and good for streaming and torrenting, it has slow speeds on distant servers and its customer support is awful.
Can I Use A 7
No, you can’t use 7-day VPN trials more than once. That’s exactly why VPNs often ask for your payment information, which helps them register those who decide to sign up.
In rare cases, VPNs can offer 7-day trials without asking for payment information. Those trials are typically limited to desktop platforms only, such as Windows and macOS. In those cases, your IP address is registered as well as other metadata, to prevent misuse.
With that said, we must admit that having 7 days to test any VPN service seems like an exceptionally good deal. That’s plenty of time to test-drive all kinds of features, which should help you decide whether to spend your money.
Also Check: Why My VPN Is Not Working On Iphone
Which VPN Offers A Free Trial Without Entering Card Details
There are a few options for those who don’t want to enter in their card details in order to make the most of a VPN with a free trial.
CyberGhost has a 24-hour free trial that you can make use of without requiring any payment details. Simply visit the free trial page and click the ‘Start your free trial’ button and an .exe file will be downloaded onto your device to install.
Alternatively, both Proton VPN and Hotspot Shield offer completely free plans that install straight onto your desktop, as explained above.
Can I Unblock Streaming Services With A VPN Free Trial
Yes, as most VPN free trials will typically grant you full access to the VPN provider’s premium service. During your trial, you’ll be able to unblock any streaming services in the same way you would with a premium subscription. Just make sure that the provider offers servers in the country or countries from which you want to access the streaming services.
Read Also: Does VPN Change My Ip Address
Download And Install A VPN
Choosing a reliable VPN is the most convenient and secure method of masking your IP. Some of the benefits youll find in using such services include:
- Changing your IP Address
- Powerful security encryption
Whats clear is that the advantages of using a VPN are more than just hiding an IP address, but it includes robust security features as well. Setting up a VPN takes just a few minutes and you can quickly connect with servers all over the world. Once youve done so, it gives you a different IP address.
Now, with all these in mind, we know that the next question in your mind is, which VPN should I use to hide my IP address? Well, after carrying out extensive tests both on speed and performance, weve come up with 3 of the most reliable services around today.
There is definitely an attraction to downloading a free VPN and using it to change your IP Address, but ask yourself this why is it free? The company isnt running a charity, so they have to be profiting from the service somehow, and most probably it will be at your expense. This is why we arent recommending any free VPNs in this list.
Why Do I Need A VPN
A VPN provides several enhanced security measures while streaming like:
- Protection against hackers stealing your information
- Cyber security threats
- Blocks access to your browsing history
- It prevents tracking cookies and ads from targeting you
- Keeps your data on a public WiFi network secure
- Encrypts your location and prevents anyone from sending your location
- Anything you look for online is protected
- Geo-locked or blocked content on your favorite streaming services
- Websites and content blocked by outside sources
Read Also: How To Use VPN On Tor Browser
Are Free VPNs Safe
As mentioned above, we advise being skeptical of any so-called “free” VPN. VPNs that don’t charge any sort of fee often make their money through some other means. They can record your online activity and then sell the data to advertisers, inject ads into your web browser, or carry malware payloads. They typically don’t offer the same level of security and privacy as paid VPNs.
Final Thoughts: Free Trial VPNs
Overall, you have a lot of options for using VPN free trials. ExpressVPN is not only the best VPN out there, but its 30-day money-back guarantee on the monthly plan means you can use the VPN for free for a full month. It also includes free mobile trials, but it would be better to experience the VPNs full features with the refund guarantee.
Which of the VPN free trials do you think is best? Do you plan to use multiple free trials in a row? Do you have suggestions to add to our best VPN free trials list? Were looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the ones youve tried. Let us know in the comment section below. Thank you for reading.
You May Like: How To Turn On Korean VPN
Are Free VPN Trials Safe
Yes, free VPN trials are generally safe. Their developers are industry specialists who deliver high-quality services that can be tried out for free for a limited time.
Free trials allow you to evaluate a VPNs speeds, encryption protocols, and server network. Additionally, most VPNs still follow a no-logs policy even in free trials, ensuring that your personal information is safe.
Do I Need A Credit Card To Sign Up For These Free Trials
For some you do, and for some, you don’t. With CyberGhost, PrivateVPN, ProtonVPN, ZenMate, Windscribe, AirVPN, and CactusVPN, you won’t need to enter any payment information upfront in order to access their free trials. It’s worth it, though, to check with any provider you’re thinking of trialing to inquire about whether payment information is required in order to access the free trial. If payment details are required, be sure to cancel prior to your payment method being charged if you don’t wish to commit to the paid service.
Don’t Miss: Does VPN Mask Your Ip Address
VPN Free Trial Vs Money
There are different ways in which you can test a VPN service for free:
- Money-back guarantee: Youll have to pay for the VPN upfront and can get a full refund within a certain period . Even though these trials require upfront payment, theyre usually risk-free, which means as long as you cancel within the time period, theres no risk that your refund will be refused.
- Free Trial: No commitment and no upfront payment. Although some free trials ask for card details, the payment will only be made after the free trial period ends. These trials are usually 1-7 days long, and you may have to cancel through customer service to avoid being charged after the trial. Some free trials have no limitations, while others can throttle bandwidth and limit server selection.
- Free VPN: This is a VPN service that is completely free to download and use. However, free VPNs always come with restrictions to encourage you to upgrade to a paid plan. They can also be dangerous if you arent careful: some have malware embedded in the apps, while others log and sell your information to third-party advertisers without your knowledge.
Can I Use My Free Trial More Than Once
Its hypothetically possible to use a free trial more than once, but it would require using new email addresses each time, and potentially deleting your cookies or switching browsers.
In Astrill VPNs case, all thats required to use the free trial is an email address. You could just use another email address and sign up again.
Theres always the risk the VPN in question is aware of free trial abuse and may ban you or stop offering free trials all together. NordVPN cancelled its free trial following abuse of the service and PrivateVPN repeatedly takes down its genuine free trial to avoid the same thing.
Read Also: How To Get Free Australia VPN
How We Rate Our VPNs
To figure out which VPNs are worth your money, we looked at what each VPN offers, starting with features.
When using a VPN, your priority should be security. That’s why we chose VPNs that have military-grade encryption, a range of protocols , DNS leak protection, and a kill-switch. We also looked at the number of servers and locations, and we tested each VPN for speed.
We then tested each VPN’s ease-of-use, from downloading and installing the software to connecting to the right server. Customer support is also a crucial aspect, so we examined each VPN’s availability, what forms of contact are available, and how efficient their support team is. We compared all of that to the price to see if it was worthwhile or not. Last but not least, we analyzed our users’ reviews, both the positive and the negative.
Avg VPN Free Trial Expired Whats Next
So now that your 7-day AVG VPN free trial has expired, you can either purchase a full subscription if youre satisfied or try out some other VPN service.
I personally recommend you check out ExpressVPN which offers a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee and a 3-month free subscription on its annual plan and enjoy its extensive list of servers to stream anything you like. The reputation of ExpressVPN as a top-notch VPN provider with state-of-the-art security, features, accessibility, and performance is well-known throughout the world.
Not only will you get much better features, but far better customer support and server coverage. But if you plan on using AVG VPN, I suggest going to for the 2-year plan which costs $3.99/month.
You May Like: How To Use 911 VPN On Laptop
Best VPN Free Trials In September 2022
ExpressVPN Offer September 2022:get an ExpressVPN subscription for up to 49% off
I was impressed to see that ExpressVPN offers a 7-day free trial since this is becoming a rarity with top VPNs. However, there are some things to keep in mind: you can only get it if you sign up on your mobile device and its only available in countries that allow access to Google Play or the App Store. If you use iOS, youll need to provide payment info and sign up for at least a year if you dont remember to cancel, youll be charged automatically.
This also means that you may need to adhere to your app stores refund policies, which could cause issues if you want to use the money-back guarantee after the trial period. If you sign up directly through ExpressVPNs site, every plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. With the guarantee, you can use ExpressVPN for a much longer period without the limitations that come with the free trial. I tested the policy myself to make sure it was trustworthy and it really was hassle-free.
Either way, you get a VPN with unlimited data and ultra-fast speeds. When I tested its local German and Belgian servers I had an average speed of 43.6 Mbps. Moreover, its Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, and New York servers averaged 41.2 Mbps. This is impressive because long-distance connections usually give you significantly slower speeds than nearby ones. ExpressVPN didnt affect my connection in any noticeable way, so I could continue online as usual.